Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Real Cookie Monster

I've talked about it before, and any mom will tell you the same: if your child is quiet, they are doing something naughty.

In the first stages of unpacking, Zoe was left to her own devices quite often. On one occasion, I had left a nearly empty package of cookies on the table. James and I were working on a project upstairs when my mommy senses started tingling. I jogged downstairs and found Zoe toting the now empty package of cookies and delightfully shoving a half-eaten cookie into her mouth. What concerned me most wasn't the sprinkles she was dumping and grinding into the carpet, but the location of the other two cookies that USED to be in the package. Eventually this is what we found:


Each cookie had exactly 2 bites taken out of it. Classic "Three Bears" syndrome on display.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Mmmm. This reminds me I'm hungry. Do you think if I make cookies and eat exactly two bites out of each one, I will get all of them to myself? Or do you think my own two cookie monsters just won't care about germs?