Thursday, April 17, 2008

Music Snobs Anonymous: Mojave 3

So here's the deal - I have about 5 other posts written, all patiently waiting for their turn to be released to the world. The only thing that is lacking is pictures. Unfortunately, James has quite literally had to chain himself to the "big" computer for the last few days to get homework done. Which leaves me with the laptop. And no access to our pictures. So you all get a middle of the night post about an amazing band.

They're called Mojave 3. They have also been known as Slowdive (before 1994). Also, the lead singer, Neil Halstead, has a few solo albums out which are equally amazing (which will probably be addressed at a later time). Anyway, they're fairly mellow and it's hard to find videos to go with their stuff (well, videos that aren't poor quality, live video). So here is my personal favorite song of theirs. It's called "You Said It Before," from their album Puzzles Like You. Another one of my favorites is "She Broke You So Softly" from Excuses For Travelers.



And if you really need a video, here is one for "Love Songs on the Radio." It's a little different from most of the stuff on their albums, but still hauntingly beautiful.



And just for fun, you might actually recognize this song as it's been used in a couple commercials:

2 comments:

Ella said...

I can't believe that I have the guts to suggest music to THE Music Snobs, but do you guys like Vampire Weekend. It's my current obsession and the best running music I've ever come across. P.S. I always enjoy your music posting, most of it I already knew and loved, although I have never considered myself a music anybody. :)

Unknown said...

Vampire Weekend is on my current list of "music I need to listen to". That list seems to outgrow the time I am able to allot to listening. However, riding the bus really helps out with this dilemma.

Hopefully soon.

Thanks for the recommendation! Keep 'em coming.