Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Double Digits!

Hooray James! After a packed semester which included buying a house and moving into it, working full time, filling a tough church calling, and being the greatest husband to a pregnant wife and father to an on-the-go toddler - you know, in addition to the two classes he was taking - James finished with A's! I am so proud. If you weren't aware, James isn't too keen on school (unlike me) and so simply passing a class and getting one step closer to graduation is reason enough to celebrate. Straight A's is just icing on the cake. He has worked so hard for this and I know he would have rather spent his time on his music (or anything else for that matter) but he buckled down and finished strong. Hooray for James, and here's to a wide-open summer - you know, except for work and that family that just keeps tying you down!

Oh yes, and again explaining my title references:
It's from Flight of the Chonchords,"the almost award-winning fourth-most-popular folk duo in New Zealand." Jermaine refers to the three women he's dated as "triple figures" so I figured that since James got 2 A's, that would be double digits. Am I right?

8 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats James! Now, if only you had a rich uncle who would pay you $1000 for every A... (I know someone who did this for his son through medical school. I wish he was my rich uncle.)

Tom Archibald said...

Way to go James! I know how you feel about school. I am about to write a paper paper for my "Critcal Thinking" class and can't wait to have it over.

I hate thinking!

Uncle Tom

Kayla said...

That is awesome, James! Congratulations. I haven't had straight A's since Jr. High. Just passing a class in college was enough for me.

Walnut said...

what a nerd

Walnut said...

by the way, Flight of the Conchords have a CD out. It just came out and beat out Ashley Simpson's new CD this week. not like that would be hard to do but they are getting recognized. their rhymes are bottomless

ali said...

i just want you to know....i tried the chicken marinade and LOOOVED it! that will be a staple in our house!

Leslie said...

amazing! good job james!

The Griffins said...

Hooray for you James! I'll bet you can't wait to graduate. In reference to the comment you left on our blog- yes, it IS the Nottingham of Robin Hood. Get this, they even have Robin Hood dress-up contests... have you seen how skinny my husband is? He'll be excellent in tights! We're gonna WIN!!!!