Friday, April 4, 2008

In a Perfect World...

  • I wouldn't have any boxes left to unpack
  • I wouldn't have to wait until James got home at 10 pm to use the laptop to finally get online because the computer is still in shrink wrap
  • I would have my ton-o-pictures from the last few weeks cropped and posted for the whole world to see
  • I would be asleep before 1 in the morning
  • This blog would be re-launched from our new home with a new design
Somehow, despite home ownership, our lives are far from perfect. The corners of our rooms are still cluttered with boxes, mostly filled with odds and ends that need to find a permanent "spot." My parents are visiting and have been helping a ton, but what I'd really love to do is shamelessly stick Zoe in front of the tv for a few hours and "get er done." Over the past couple days we've discovered the bliss of a Nickelodeon Sandwich. Here's the recipe: Start with one episode of Dora. Add Yo-Gabba-Gabba. Repeat Dora, then add Diego. Two hours of mommy time guaranteed. Add Wonder Pets as an appetizer if more time is needed. It's fool proof. Except for the fact that I think my mom and dad would think less of me as a person if I actually let Zoe watch that much television at once. But I think having nothing in our dining room but the dining room table might be worth it.

So consider me on semi-hiatus. We are loving the new place and I'd like to thank everyone who helped in any way with the move. We miss all of our wonderful 7th ward friends and you're all invited to visit us anytime. We are also known to make appearances in the Provo/Orem area.

What else can I say? Please continue to wait patiently. Your call is important and will be answered in the order received. Words to live by.

In the meantime, check out what my awesomely amazing (or is it amazingly awesome?) friends Erin and Deneal have been up to. They created a blog for moms (or dads) that is just cool stuff to do with your kids. No venting, whining, bragging on cute pictures, or documenting milestones. If you want to contribute, drop them a note (or comment on the blog) and they will probably let you join the club. They're cool and accepting like that (obviously if they'll let me join in, they're pretty accepting). Otherwise, feel free just to check it out whenever you feel like you're in a rut with your kids. And yes, I am aware of the hypocrisy of this post - yearning to put my child in front of the tv for hours and touting a new blog to combat said behavior. Anyone have a problem with that? I didn't think so.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

We thought of you. We are looking at condos and we saw a couple in Payson. Kudos for moving that far south! I don't think I could do it. We found one we REALLY like and want in Springville, we're just trying to make sure it's the right time for us to move and purchase. It's SO scary! If you have any advice, it would be much appreciated.

Tom Archibald said...

I LOVE the new place! Yes, moving is a pain, but just try to keep yourself in the excitment of the possibilities. I've always loved moving "in" more than moving "out".

We can relate to the "staying up late" thing...just to get things done without having to address Lily's needs. We LOVE her so much, but sometimes it's tough to get things done during daylight hours. We may have to try Desta's recipe of distraction.

Erin said...

I am totally laughing out loud from this post. Can I just say I am so glad you are my friend?

Thanks for the shout-out. Deneal and I thought it was quite hysterical/hypocritical that we were putting our kids in front of the tv to create a blog about putting your kids in front of the tv less often. We are Go Diego Go friends, big time.

And I see nothing wrong with your dining room having only a dining room table. Minimalistic. I like it. Good luck with completing the unpacking!

Cyndi said...

UUUUGHHHH! that is my big SIGH for you! i am still unpacking and it has been almost two months! I just cant commit to where I want amything!

And by the way...WE LOVE yo gabba gabba! have you seen the "pool party" one? thats our favorite we sing it all the time!

Also..Russ and I decided you and james win the award for the best comments on a blog! you guys are so witty!

Melissa said...

I have to say moving is one of the most stressful times but also the funnest. I love starting new but it's expensive! Bad news. . .we moved in 4 months ago and I just barely finished organizing the last closet. Hope it doesn't take you that long. Bytheway, I LOVE your new house! I bet ZOE will love all the room too.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Wow, how life has changed since we moved! Congratulations on being in a house, hmm someday!! And congratulations on your pregnancy!

Ella said...

Desta, I'm pretty much obsessed with the mommy blog, so thank you so much for the link!!