Friday, April 11, 2008

Spring Has Brought Me Such a Nice* Surprise

The day we moved in, the sky was clear, the sun was shining. I figured we probably wouldn't get around to our boxes of clothing so I had duffle bags packed for everyone with clothes and other necessities for the next few days, just in case. What I didn't plan for was this:


This is what we woke up to early Sunday morning. The church clothes I had packed for me and Zoe included lightweight, shorter skirts/dresses and a t-shirt. So, at 8 am I started ripping into our boxes hunting for sweaters and corduroy. Since then it has snowed (or been cold enough to do so) every day that we've lived here. I guess I thought April meant something around here. How sorely mistaken I was.

4 comments:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I think we've all got "spring fever", maybe if we pretend it's Spring (by wearing light and airy clothes) it will actually come. Although it seems to be taking it's sweet time, anyway.
Maybe it'll turn from snow straight to 100 degree weather. Stranger things have been known to happen!

Hope you found warmer clothes by now! (Although, once you actually locate them, the weather will change on you again... If nothing else it keeps you on your toes!

Erin said...

I'm really trying to feel bad about the snow, I really am, but I'm looking at the carport with a clean Honda and the cute townhomes across the street and can't help but feel a tinge of jealousy because you live in such a nice and cute place!

Kayla said...

Hey, at least it's supposed to be a great weekend and start getting warmer and warmer! I'm excited for that, although I feel my allergies kicking in today.

LaDonna and Ben said...

There is so much about Utah i miss, the snow is not one of them. I'm so excited for you guys, your new house, and upcoming arrival. We hope seeing you is soon in our future. Beautiful Utah springs always seem to pull through eventually.