Friday, December 14, 2007

On the Second Day of Christmas I Posted on My Blog

Two Handmade Ties


Yep, I'm at it again. I had so much fun making Elder Hitchins' tie and it made him so happy that I decided to make some ties for my nephews on missions. So I found some awesome material in the remnant bin at JoAnn's and I made some more ties (I snagged the material for less than $3!). I even monogrammed the tie loop! And I have enough fabric to make a third one for their other brother who will serve in a couple more years. And if I'm really careful I might be able to squeeze out a fourth for James. He really liked the fabric and he is picky about ties.


In the spirit of handmade gifts, here's a website I found last night. It's called Foldschool and they have free instructions for how to make kid's furniture out of cardboard. I think I might attempt the chair if I can get my hands on some cardboard. I was kind of sad that I didn't have any Christmas Eve assembly projects (not really) so now I might have one. And it's outrageous what they charge for children's furniture. I figure if it's made out of cardboard I won't freak out when Zoe colors on it. In fact, that might be a fun project for us!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can't believe how talented you are. And, I never knew what a perfectionist you were in all of the years I knew you! Were you doing the handstitching while watching Survivor, or not? Do you ever "just sit there"? Maybe I'm getting lazy in my old age, but I love to just sit there!