Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Ok, so it's not really Christmas anymore. But I meant to post all of our Christmas stuff yesterday and I didn't. It's so hard trying to get back into "normal" life when James has work off until the new year. It's great having him around, but I end up playing with Zoe, watching movies, or playing video games more than I normally would if I were at home alone. Plus I am feeling a little blogged-out after those 12 days. But I really want to get these pictures up for our family (and friends).
The Family Christmas Card

Christmas was great! It snowed on Christmas Eve so we had some nice fresh powder in the morning. We decided to start a new family tradition of making pizza on Christmas Eve and they turned out better than expected. Zoe was a bit of a grouch and cried a bit when we put her down, but I think her teeth were really hurting her. She woke up crying at 5 am as well, then went back down until 8:30.

Grumpy Zoe giving Daddy Cuddles

Christmas Pizza!

Ready for Santa
We had Zoe's new farm (from my parents) all around the tree and Zoe was pretty excited to play with it. I think she would have played with it all day if we hadn't forced her to open her other presents. We could only do about one of her presents every 10 minutes or so, so we had quite the morning of opening presents and eating breakfast. We made awesome breakfast burritos with the left over meat from the pizza.


Back to the presents. We all got tons of cool stuff, Zoe especially. Her favorite was the baby doll we got her and a stroller we got with money from Papa and Grammy K (rest assured that ALL of her presents were HUGE hits and she neglects none of them). We saved those presents for last because I thought they might be her favorites and she played with them for the rest of the day. We also got her some bottles for the baby and she feeds her. While she is feeding the baby Zoe says "Nummy" and then the baby is "done." "Done" is probably Zoe's most useful new word. She also does the sign for it when she is finished eating. So much nicer than shaking her head and screaming when she doesn't want "more" (probably her second most helpful word).


James and I stayed in our pajamas the entire day. We have only left the house for small errands - like replenishing our movie stock at Blockbuster. So far we have rented 7 movies, but we also bought each other several DVDs as well. This has probably been the most relaxing week of our lives since we had Zoe.

These are the only videos we got on the digital camera. But we did capture a ton of the morning with the regular camera. Enjoy!



7 comments:

Erin said...

What a pretty pizza! It looks like you had a great Christmas; time together spent as a family is always fun. Have you passed medium on GHIII yet?

Tom Archibald said...

Zoe is such a Cutie Pie! Looking at your pictures and hearing your Christmas story makes me very excited for next year when Lily Bug will be around Zoe's age now.

I hoping you three can possibly make it up to Oregon for Next Christmas. Our little clan will be there for about a week. I think that would be a blast with our two little girls!

Here's wishing you a wonderful new year full of new suprises and adventures.

Uncle Tom & Aunt Joy

Marie said...

Merry Christmas! We had a fun morning filled with presents also. And, I too stayed in my pajamas until we had to go to dinner at the in-laws. I made myself presentable for the outing but I don't think I've gotten dressed much in the days since. Maybe today!

Romney Family said...

You guys look like you had a great xmas. I love your card. It is such a cute picture.

Kayla said...

What a fun Christmas! I thought you guys were going to New Mexico?

Kayla said...

Oh, and thanks for the treats. Since I thought you guys were leaving, I didn't bring you guys our Christmas Card/Birth Announcement. I'll bring it sometime soon.

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Cute x-mas picture...what a great holiday you guys had! Love the new tradition you started...pizza is always a fun thing too make! have a great new year!