Thursday, December 20, 2007

On the Eighth Day of Christmas I Posted on My Blog

Eight(y)* Christmas Cookies


Wow, I just got my Christmas baking done. I ended up making 80 Christmas cookies. So this is what 80 cookies in treat bags looks like (I'll post the picture later in the day). What does an 80-cookie kitchen look like? Frankly, I'm too embarrassed to even take a picture. And I post nearly everything so you know it is bad. Unfortunately the 80-cookie kitchen is also the 50-Christmas card, 3- scrapbook, various sewing projects, coupon-clipping central, 1 large dinner, and 1 last load of laundry kitchen. At least James had already taken care of our dinner dishes.

As usual, I got the recipe off of The Pioneer Woman Cooks. The cookies are pretty yummy for being just sugar cookies (and they're hecka cute) but just a little too labor-intensive. Labor-intensive, hecka cute. . . Remind you of someone?


Making the cookies would have been more fun if I had some willing helpers and had started before 9:30 at night. James did help me, but I got to hear every reason why he shouldn't have had to help me. Apparently, making 80 cookies is "optional" to him. Although I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere in my Relief Society handbook. Right after that section about tablecloths and centerpieces.

*For anyone out there who thinks I'm fudging my number so I have something to post, let me tell you that I counted every single cookie and we had exactly 80! It's crazy how these things just happen. Blog and ye shall receive, or something like that.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Did you really post at 2:07 AM? That really is self-torture. And I have never heard of the pioneer woman website. Where did you hear of it? And your copy of the Relief Society handbook sounds SO interesting! I'm pretty sure my copy says to be lazy and then feel guilty about it...

Jennifer (Fern) said...

What a feat! The kind of project that is torture-some, but when it's over there is such a euphoric rush of accomplishment and satisfaction. The world is once more whole again and better off because they, now, are no longer in need of sugar cookies. The sugar cookie famine has been absolved. What a woman. It'll all have been worth it just to have this feeling of accomplishment... at least, that's how I usually feel.

Marie said...

So, how many people do you actually get to deliver cookies to? 10 cookies per bag and only 8 families? 8 cookies and 10 families? 10 cookies for James and 7 families with 8 cookies? Oh, the possibilities!

Marie said...

I'm in Surviver DETOX!

Deneal said...

Oh I didn't get the whole "labor-intensive, heckca-cute" thing until you put up the photo of Zoe! Now I'm laughing. Plus that is just a fantastic photo of her, I love it.

Kayla said...

Thank you for the cookies, btw! I haven't been on here for a while.