Sunday, December 16, 2007

On the Fourth Day of Christmas I Posted on My Blog

Four Survivor Finalists

Is it fate or mere coincidence that this fourth day falls on the day of the Survivor China season finale? Well, this long ride will be over in three amazing hours (well, 2 I guess, but then there's the reunion show as well). Please hold all my calls.
So, WHO will it be? Here are my humble conjectures:

Denise - She's the quiet underdog who has ridden everyone's coattails at one time. She could totally play up the sympathy card since she was never on the inside of the major alliances, but was always loyal to her original tribe.

Courtney - Again, another underdog coattail rider. Although she was NOT quiet at any time during the game. I'm just trying to figure out whether this jury will reward her or Denise for simply attaching themselves to good players and not getting voted out themselves. I'd like to reference Survivor Australia when Tina won over Colby. The jury believed that it was a great "strategy" for Tina to fly under the radar and let Colby do all the heavy lifting. I'm still not too keen on this reasoning. To compensate in some small manner, I plan on naming one of my sons Colby. You think I'm joking? Just wait. (First we have to have James Owen III, then Douglas Riley, and finally William Colby. And if we have another boy then Garth [awesome middle name])

Amanda - I liked her until after the last episode when she tried to distance herself from Todd. She called herself honest and referred to Todd as a backstabber. I'm just not sure who Todd has stabbed in the back that she didn't help twist the knife in. I think she's probably Todd's strongest competition because she is a little less "in your face" about her strategy. It seems like she and Todd used to be really close and now she wants nothing to do with him (of course that could all be editing).




TODD - Oh how I love thee. I really like Todd and I have been nearly hyperventilating each week thinking he might get voted off. Yes, he was coming off a little cocky during the last tribal council, but I still like him. He is one of the best players this games has seen in a while. I don't think he's made as many people mad as he thinks he has, but then again, editing rears it's ugly head. When will they just put this show on three times a week? That stupid Big Brother show is on ALL the time. I'm not even sure if 3 times would be enough for my insatiable desire. I'm sorry I'm so pathetic. Don't worry, this will probably be the last Survivor post until February, which is usually when the next season starts. Unless something extraordinary happens tonight. So I guess this is my second to last Survivor post.

5 comments:

Erin said...

So, the big question: WHO will it be? Can my kids go to bed at 7:00 so I can watch without distraction? I love how your numbers are all so "coincidental" and cool! Or maybe you are just cool Desta. Talk to you tomorrow.

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

Hmmmmmmmm I can't honestly say that I want Todd to win, sorry Desta. Yes, he has played a great game, but his cockyness is just not fitting to the winner, I think. I would love to see Amanda win. True, she has had a hand in almost all of Todd's doings, and has twisted the knife quite a few times, but at least she doesn't brag about it. Anyways, I guess any of them could win and I would be fine, except courtney, I really have a problem with that girl.

Unknown said...

I usually don't bother to comment on such silliness as this post but I just want to say...

...Todd is a weasel, Denise frightens me, so Amanda or Courtney should win.

Marie said...

James, I'm amazed you even know the names of the Survivors. William has stayed completely out of it except the one time I was watching an episode online and he was waiting to use the computer. I think he used the word "gay" many many times during that 45 minute session.

Desta, I can't wait for tomorrow. I have banned all television from the house on Sunday, so I too must obey my rule. Either it will be online and I can watch it from my computer, or I'll have to wait for my sister-in-law to bring by the dvd she recorded it on tonight. Will I be able to sleep tonight knowing the winner has already been picked? I hope I don't accidentally find out who won between now and when I watch!

Darren, Tisha, Tanner & Tennyson said...

I want Todd to win....can't figure out exactly why I feel that way...