Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Stitch In Time...


I just wanted to let everyone know that Zoe is doing absolutely fabulous now. She really hasn't cried (over her stitches) since they were put in. She is back to her happy, active, normal self and it looks like there will only be a little scar (probably even smaller if the doctor had taken a bit more time). The stitches should dissolve soon.

Zoe had another great day in nursery. I could drop-kick her into the room and she would still be happy to be there. The newest additions to her vocabulary include: lion, yellow, and chin (as she pinches someone or some thing's chin). James has Monday off work so hopefully we will get some things done around the house and - cross your fingers - have his car up and running again. We are hoping that the battery is just dead. Otherwise I might be without a car for a bit longer. Not that I have anywhere to go, but it's so confining not even having the option of going anywhere.

So that is the news here, or lack thereof. Thank you to everyone for your concern over Zoe's (and my) wellbeing. I don't know what I'd do without all of you supporting me.

P.S. Obviously all the pictures are from before Zoe's accident. But what is a post about Zoe without pictures of her?

6 comments:

Erin said...

Isn't that Honda going to last forever??? It has so much character! I hope you can get it fixed. And I'm glad Zoe is doing well. Really, it seems more traumatizing for the mom than for the kid frequently.

michelle said...

Hey Desta!
I just came across your blog on facebook. I loved reading more what you are up to. So fun! You'll have to stop by my blog to. We're expecting a baby boy in a little over a month. Crazy! I'm so excited and nervous. Hope all is going well for you. Can't wait to hear more!
Michelle Kramer
(from Comms 489)

Kayla said...

That's good Zoe's healing well. When does she get her stitches out?

Cathy Jo said...

It's so good to read about what is happening in your family. Glad to hear Zoe is doing fine since her stitches. Take care. Love you all. MOM G

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Poor little Zoe! I can't count the times I've had to spend in the ER and wait for around 3 hours to get my deathly sick or bleeding or swelling kid seen! 3 hours is the magic number for the waiting room I suppose!
So glad that she's ok, it's always a scary thing to have your kids in pain. You handled it like a pro! (Well, you are a pro. now!)

Marie said...

3 of my 4 children have scars that have been glued or stitched. The scar always looks horrible at first and I have cursed the doctor for not doing a better job, and flogged myself for letting them get hurt. Then, miraculously the scar seems to fade and shrink and look amazing! Maybe just give it some time. Truthfully, I can't see any scars in the pics and thought you had posted old pictures of cute and darling little Zoe. How many more days till Survivor?