Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Music Snobs Anonymous: Grandaddy

No, this is not about my dad's dad. Or my mom's dad. Or James' dad's dad. Or James'... well, you get the idea. Once upon a time there was a band named Grandaddy. They made some really weird music which most people don't like. James and I are not like most people. We don't expect many of you to like this, but for the sake of rounding out your musical education, we now present to you "Now It's On" from the album Sumday. If you don't like it, don't worry - the band broke up right after their last album came out. I would say "Enjoy" but I'm pretty sure most of you won't.



It's love it or hate it music and we love it. Some of my favorite songs include "I'm On Standby," "Hewlett's Daughter," "Wives of Farmers," "The Warming Sun." I could go on, there really are quite a few I enjoy, although their most recent album is barely tolerable (to me, James loves it). I also have to add that if any of you checked our blog during Christmas time and immediately hit "Stop" on the song playing then this is not the first Grandaddy song you've hated. You can add "Alan Parson's in a Winter Wonderland" to your list of music you wish you'd never heard.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I remember the look on your face over a year ago when you lent me 5 or 6 cd's and I told you my favorite one (after listening to each one once) was Grandaddy. I didn't realize they would be considered "weird." And yes, I still like them.

Kayla said...

I like them. I've never heard of them, but I wondered who that song was by that you had on your blog for Christmas.

LaDonna and Ben said...

I love it of course. There are alot of bad songs out there, but this is not one of them.