Thursday, January 31, 2008

Get Lost!

So why am I sitting here typing right in the middle of the much-anticipated 2-hour Lost season premiere? Because stupid ABC moved stupid Lost to stupid Thursday nights. And James has class until 9:30 on Thursdays. And that is besides the fact that nearly every other tv show I indulge myself with is also on Thursday night - Survivor, The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and ER. Is there no other night for television to broadcast? Goodness.

To console myself for having to wait until 10:00 to view the show that most of you (by the time you read this) have already watched, I underwent a little shop therapy. I threw Zoe in the car and headed to Target. Here is where my rant gets personal. Remember when we had a discussion about ice scrapers? Here is another tip:

Never buy yourself a wicked awesome ice scraper and tell your husband about it. Inevitably he will use it and "accidentally" leave it in his car before you even get a chance to use it. And, inevitably, you will traipse out to the car after properly bundling you and your child with a glimmer of hope in your eye because it's the first time you've really gone anywhere in 2 weeks and you just slaved over dinner, ate it alone, and just need to get away. And since you finally remembered to buy an ice scraper (and found a wicked awesome one) you don't even worry about the 3 inches of snow covering the inch of ice on your windshield. And then, after strapping said bundled child into a cold car in the diminishing daylight, you discover that your wicked awesome ice scraper has vanished into wicked awesome thin air. Sorry I hung up on you on the phone James, but maybe now you understand why I was a little worked up. I did make it to Target after removing the snow and ice with my hands and sleeves. I bought myself three shirts.

And now I am sitting here, returning e-mails, blogging, and in general finding ways to pass the time without actually resorting to accomplishing things (like cleaning my house, planning the next family menu, creating a shopping list). I find myself completely occupied and content. On a lighter note, I'm glad that a few of you are enjoying Grandaddy. When I called them "weird" I was really meaning "unique." But in the world of pop music, their brand of unique is generally regarded as weird. I like weird. No, wait, I am weird.

7 comments:

kelly said...

amen to the over-scheduled Thursday night line-up! too many great shows, one crazy T.V. night!

so sorry about the ice scraper...it drives me crazy when stuff like that happens!

Erin said...

So, the question is: do you get the ice scraper back and hide it under the seat, or do you buy him one so he will never take yours again? And what are you going to do about Thurs nights? Can you watch one and record another one at the same time? Are you going to cry and drop one of the shows? Or watch the Survivor the next day online? I'm very concerned for you. Thursdays shouldn't feel so overwhelming.

Kayla said...

What I was mad about last night was that stupid ABC led us to believe it was a 2 hour season premier when really it was just 1 hour with a 1 hour recap before. I was ticked! I hate how they really didn't seem to answer very much either.

Walnut said...

Ain't no party like my Nanna's tea party.

Walnut said...

James - you get the award for the funniest comments. i always laugh at them.

Leslie said...

THAT was hilarious. I empathize with you on your ice scraping woes. I too purchased a wicked awesome ice scraper (or at least as wicked awesome as they get for under $2) because Paulo kept saying how badly we needed one. Well, lucky for me, I'm enjoying its wicked awesomeness all by myself, since it's still sitting in our living room after 2 weeks! Apparently Paulo wasn't as desperate as he thought. :)

michelle said...

hahaha. That's even funnier to me because I know EXACTLY how you feel. Not only did I buy a wicked awesome ice scraper last year and my husband stole it...he also happened to lose it. So not only do I no longer have an ice scraper, if I were to buy another one, he would yet steal it again. Grrg.