Thursday, January 24, 2008

Flashback Friday: Soggy Bottom Boy

Before we begin today, let me just revel in the fruits of my labors. When will you people just realize? Blackmail works! I only wish LaDonna had waited a few more weeks. I didn't even get to her volleyball pictures. Oh well. Welcome aboard the good ship Blogger, Counihans. As promised, no more compromising photos.

Moving on. Today is EXACTLY 12 years since James was baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I don't know how I can express my gratitude for all the wonderful people in his life back then that made this possible. I didn't know any of you back then and I am only getting to know some of you now, but I will be eternally grateful for your wonderful influences in his life. We literally owe our family to you.

Travis and James
Just so everyone knows why I love Travis so much - he is the one who actually baptized James. Good work Travis. I feel like we should have a feast in you honor.



James and Fern

Again, there is no way to thank all of you adequately for what you've done for James and, indirectly, for me. I hope he has made you all proud. Oh, and the title of this post is from O Brother, Where Art Thou? Looking at these pictures just makes me think of George Clooney saying, "Baptism! You boys are dumber than a bag of hammers." Not that I'm saying anyone is dumber than a bag of hammers.

4 comments:

Erin said...

What a special post! I love the baptism photo...such happiness in both of their eyes. Do the Biggs have a blog? If not, it's time to get on them!

Romney Family said...

way to go on the blackmail~Desta. And I am glad I was able to get to know a few of those great people as well.

Jennifer (Fern) said...

What a flash back! Those were good times! Thanks for sharing!!

kelly said...

A day I remember!!! wow! 12 years ago!? how old are we? What a happy day. congratulations on 12 years, and on having a beautiful family now.
What a great post Desta!