Saturday, January 12, 2008

Calling All Jane Austen Fans!

I just wanted to give you all a heads up that PBS is going to play all of the Jane Austen movies (the older original ones, anyway) as part of their Masterpiece series. It all starts tomorrow and they will show one each Sunday. In Utah, it is on KUED (as opposed to KBYU) and as far as I know it starts at 8 pm. Persuasion is up first and then next week will be Northanger Abbey. Which will then be followed by Mansfield Park, Miss Austen Regrets, Pride and Prejudice (the 6-hour version, but cut up into a couple parts), Emma, and Sense and Sensibility. So, check your local listings and set your VCRs!

2 comments:

Amy said...

ok, I just have to tell you that my all time favorite pick-up line is in the last scene of the old Northanger Abbey Masterpiece Theatre show. It still makes my heart beat faster in effort to control my swoon.

Erin said...

I've never gotten on the Jane Austen bandwagon. I have a hard time with stuff written in older times...maybe it's time for me to watch some shows now that they are on tv, waiting for my viewing enjoyment! Which one is your very favorite?