Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What I'm Most Thankful For...

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm so grateful for everyone who reads this and especially those who comment, and especially those who keep their own blogs up to date (yes I used especially twice - deal with it).

Today, as I scrubbed my house from top to bottom I started thinking about the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful that I was raised in a home where we scrubbed the house top to bottom before company came. My mom denied that we were doing a special cleaning job, that she always wanted her home this clean, but the timing was just too much of a coincidence. I embrace the "scrubbing for company attitude" and if you come over now and find dirt anywhere it will be because you tracked it in with you. And then I would have to ask you to leave and take your filthy ways with you.

I am thankful for cleaning products that make my skin burn. Because that means it is working. Dry winter skin and scrubbing for hours on end do not mix well. To add insult to injury, I somehow managed to smash my thumb while scrubbing the tub. I'll let your imaginations do what they will with that. I have some mad cleaning skillz.

So after I was through cleaning, the mail came and I got a letter from my old friend Jasmine. And that reminded me that I am, or um, used to be, thankful for hunky celebrities. Enclosed with her letter was a list that we (everyone we hung out with that is) made in high school of "Famous Hotties (in no particular order)." This list spans time, genre, and medium (we included "hot" cartoon characters). The list is three pages, front and back and the whole thing was in my handwriting. Obsessed much? Anyway, it did bring a smile to my face as I realized how far I've come since those days. I have, haven't I?

2 comments:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I, too, have a cleaning fetish! There's so much satisfaction, and comfort in knowing that my home is spotless. Especially when there is company around. Hope your Thanksgiving was enjoyable! Tell Dad and Kathleen that we love and miss them!

Erin said...

I love your thankful list. And I want to know some of the people on your "hot" list. Christian and I were talking just last week about who is on our list (a la Friends). Mine include Heath Ledger and Nate Berkus. Yum! They are on my thankful list!