Saturday, November 3, 2007

If you buy only one DVD this year...

I AM SO HAPPY!! I am beyond words. And what could have this effect on me? Our favorite family Christmas movie just came out on DVD. The Christmas Card is the sappiest, silliest movie, with more plot holes than believable characters and some of the WORST lines ever! Above all, it was filmed in Nevada City (where James is from). I KNOW! It was on the Hallmark channel last Christmas and James and I taped it and watched it over and over and over. I fell down laughing when I found out it was on DVD. If you are familiar with the Nevada City/Grass Valley area and LOVE making fun of terrible movies, this one is for you. I think I'll watch it every day until Christmas. The only thing I love more than this movie are all the people who give it great reviews for being a witty, classic romance.

5 comments:

Erin said...

So is it a full length movie? Not like a made-for-TV special? I've never heard of it, but now I'm going to have to check it out! Can we see James anywhere in the background? Was he an extra or anything? That's possibly the only thing that would make this movie even cooler.

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

Hey thanks for the tip in changing the date, I am sure there are lots of little things that you just have to look around for. I told steveo that we have to get that movie. We like movies that we can sit and make fun of. Another movie like this is called "the Englishman who went up a hill but came down a mountain"

Jennifer (Fern) said...

You'd make a great movie critic!
This movie is definitley number 1 on our wish list this year!! A "MUST" for our family Christmas traditions!!!! By the way, I believe "your eyes are greener than the guest towels." Ha, ha. Rediculous and alluring in a stomache churning yet mesmerizing sort of way. I truely love the Vietnam memorial and their "secret spot" next to the creek and then when it pans out from a different angle there's a huge pond (or lake?) and you can tell it was not taken anywhere near where they just were!
Anyway, too much fun, I'll have to watch it again because I'm sure I can't remember all the funniest parts!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I just read on the Hallmark website that this is the "highest rated movie in tthe history of the Hallmark Collection!"
Apparently people have been on the edge of their seats just waiting for it to be released! Too funny!

Erin said...

This movie is going to be on the Hallmark Channel on Saturday night at 6:00! I'm recording it, and I can't wait to make fun of it!!!