Friday, November 2, 2007

Flashback Friday: Dressing Up

So as a family, we've decided to dedicate Fridays on this blog to old pictures of us (and of those we have access to). If you are now thinking, "Wait, whatever happened to that picture where I'm ________ (insert repressed embarrassing moment here)?" The answer is probably that yes, James/Desta still has a copy and you better bet your sweet hiney that it will probably make it's way on to this blog eventually. We are equal opportunity embarrassers here, after all. Today we will start off relatively simple. Here are some great pictures of times we've felt compelled to play dress-up. I think I was inspired by all the costume frenzy from Halloween, although none of these moments had anything to do with that holiday. Enjoy! (and I know today is Saturday, but I started this post on Friday and it just took me that long to finish. I'm still counting it as Friday and next week I'll just get an earlier start.)

In these pictures we have James and Steve Namanny. The occasion - um, I think boredom and some of Pat's old clothes. (Circa 1997)



















And now, me and some of my roomies and a neighbor - Jennie Anderson, Andrea (Paige) Smith, and Erin Herbert. The occasion - again, boredom and ward prayer. Yes, we would dress up for ward prayer. And yes, those are just slips we are wearing over our clothing. (Circa 2002)

4 comments:

Deneal said...

Love the Flashback Friday idea, Love those pictures even more!

Amy said...

oh my gosh, this is one of the funniest ideas I've ever seen/read about! haha

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I think the best part of the whole ensamble would have to be Jame's walking stick! That's just the last straw -it makes me laugh out loud!

Romney Family said...

What a great idea!!! I love the pictures. Oh they crazy things we did when we were younger.