Monday, October 22, 2007

Things to Make You Pee your Pants

Or your skirt, if you are a woman and it is Sunday.

If you aren't aware, I am living in Utah (still) and I don't like it (still). Saturday night it started to snow. Huge flakes, falling down a lot. Fortunately it wasn't really sticking and it did stop after a while. No biggy, right? Guess again.


I wake up Sunday morning and shove Zoe in front of the TV so I can get a decent shower. When I'm trying to decide what to wear I finally pull the curtains back and glance outside. Oh the horror! How can I type this! SNOW. SNOW. S-N-O-W! There were a few inches covering the lawn, the cars, the trees. "Oh crap" I said as I dove into the back of my closet and pulled out my turtleneck. Good thing Zoe already has a winter coat.


This is really just insulting. Besides having a huge snowfall in OCTOBER, it comes just two days after a really nice day. Rewind to Friday - 70 degrees, sunny. We would have been wearing short sleeves but I just didn't want to tempt fate. Zoe and I spent the afternoon in the park. Now I'm really glad that I took the camera because I have before and after shots and maybe they will make me look a little less insane for being so mad about the snow. Maybe not. It's a tough case that would take more evidence than I am capable of producing.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I recognize that tree...and that slide. I miss Utah! I miss you! But I definitely DON'T miss the snow that came down. I'm sorry you have to suffer.

Deneal said...

Did I mention I live in FIJI?


just thought you'd like to know it was 82 degrees today, and will be tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day, and as far as I can tell the next month or two. (muffled chuckling going on)