Monday, October 1, 2007

And Now, for Something Completely Different


OK, here come pictures and more pictures and a couple videos. Sorry this has taken so long. Pictures (from top to bottom): Zoe helping James with dishes - this is her new favorite thing and she freaks out if she even thinks we are washing the dishes without her; Zoe playing in her toy box; sleeping in her highchair - she was SO exhausted; and the last two are from when the Iveys visited and Zoe kept running and standing under the sprinkler, she was completely soaked. Enjoy.

While I'm at it, I thought I'd fill this post with miscellaneous rants as well.

As I perused some of our friends blogs, I discovered a worrying trend. A lot of moms were blogging about how excited they were about Fall and the beautiful weather it brings. At first I thought it was a fluke that we happened to know so many deranged moms who would welcome this awful season. Then it dawned on me - none of these people live in UTAH! That's it! Fall in Utah is more of a pre-winter and it is a sore spot for me. We go from having late summer - 80-90 degrees, shorts, swimming pools - to 50-60 degrees with snow in the mountains, all in about a week and a half, two if we're lucky. The colors change in about a week before everything is dead and before you can say "jacket," let alone find one in the house, it's time to hunt down your winter coat. Zoe went from wearing sun dresses to church one week to sweaters the next. Did I mention that it snowed (well, I guess it was more sleet/slush but still, hate) on Saturday. Not just in the mountains, this time. In our front yard. And then it froze that night. GRRRR. HATE UTAH FALL.

To add to my rant, today has been pretty yucky. I cannot find my wallet ANYWHERE and I need to do some serious grocery shopping. Hard to do without a debit card, unfortunately. I finally gave up looking for it and decided I should blog instead. Over the last week we have accumulated some awesome pictures and videos I wanted to post. So I am typing and ranting and then I decide it is time to edit some pictures. I put our memory card in and the files won't transfer to the computer!!!! I have no idea what's going on. So you will have to wait for those particular gems, but hopefully this will tide you over. What a day!

8 comments:

Erin said...

Don't you love the BEEEAUTIFUL rusty stairs in that last photo? Zoe sure is cute though!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

It's some kind of phenomenon, the first child's obsession with "helping" wash the dishes. And of course the immediately getting both of you soaked in the process. Good times!! I had almost forgotten about all of that! Thanks for the re-memory!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

P.S. Love the Monty Python memory as well (title)!

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Love your blog!! Zoe is adorable...we can't believe how big she's gotten! I'm with ya on the fall thing...we miss UT at times, but the weather changes are not one of the things that we miss...but ya gotta love living on Anne Circle...hehe! Take care...and stay warm!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Zoe and how big she has gotten. She doen't look like a baby anymore, she looks like a little girl. Hope all is great. Miss you!

Walnut said...

the picture of james at the top is so funny. he is officially a dad now. when dads are older they need to be somehow mature or respectable and smile a half smile that says im older and macho instead of a full gleeful smile that says im giddy. its funny because james is a giddy daddy

Amy said...

Yeah, basically the only redeeming quality about fall in Utah is being able to drive through the canyon(with the heater on) and see all the pretty red, orange, yellow leaves on all the mountains. We miss out on that in CA.

Brandon said...

HOTTT BLOG!!!