Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Leaves are Falling All Around

So lately our lawn has been COVERED in leaves. Yesterday I decided that if I could get my hands on a rake, Zoe and I would have a great time in a huge pile of leaves. And we did. I ended up raking up the yard twice and it already needs it again (thanks to the wind and the kids across the street). But I am a little too exhausted to attempt it again. Maybe tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow - check back here for all of our Halloween pictures, including pumpkin carving, the ward party, and trick-or-treating at the mall!





Oh, and don't you just LOVE how in some of the pictures the leaves are in focus and Zoe isn't? Someday we'll have digital SLR and we will be lovin life (and our pictures).

6 comments:

Erin said...

I'm jealous! We don't have anywhere to play in leaves here. I need to go find some leaves, because Aidan loves crunching them when he finds a pile in the gutters!

Marie said...

I'm jealous too! I have tree envy. Our neighborhood is too new to have any trees that actually produce enough leaves to make any sort of pile. My poor kids are deprived. We need to go do a service project for some old lady just so we can jump in her leaves. ENJOY!

Cathy Jo said...

Zoe is adorable!! Thanks for sharing your pictures. She reminds me so much of James when he was a baby. I can't wait to see her in person. It is surprising how much I can love a little girl that I have only seen a couple of times. I can't wait to give her a big kiss and hug. I can't wait to sing "I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. A hug around the neck". I have sung this to everyone of my other grandchildren. They now can sing it back to me.
I think that the leaves are beautiful. At my house it is piles of pine needles. Yuck. I really need to get out there and rake them up.
I love you all. Love MOM

Jason, Alyson, Kaci, Brynley & Ashlynn said...

Ahh, fun stuff! I miss the big yards for the kids to play in...great pictures, Zoe is a doll!

Heather said...

Leaves are a child's best friend. Emma has descoved the joy of jumping in a pile of leaves the I'm trying to bag up. Tyson just looks at her like she is nuts because he HATES them.

Romney Family said...

She looks so cute!! playing in the leaves. Those are some great pictures.