Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time For a New Do!

Just in case any of you were starting to think that this blog was turning into a 3-act show (Flashback Friday, Music Snobs Anonymous, Zoe Watch) I want to assure you that James and I do actually have lives and, from time to time, do interesting things. Like last night. After months of meaning to, wanting to, and downright NEEDING TO, I finally got my hair cut. And colored. I really do like my hair short, but it just grows so dang fast it's hard for me to justify spending so much money to keep it that way. And the good people at Supercuts just really aren't that, well, super. Or even good for that matter. So with the last of my babysitting money (Garth's grandma is now living with the family) I splurged and got my hair done (along with a few other material extravagances like clothing). I think this style will suit me for the next few months (which is about how long it will take to grow to an unrecognizable length). Check out these self-portraits:



I actually wrote this last night, but because I got home so late I couldn't take any pictures. And then today Zoe refused to take a nap so I haven't really been able to get anything done. This is what I wish she was doing right now:


A special thanks to Kayla for 1) Calling me out for not blogging for 3 whole days and 2) Using the word "hecka" in her comment. That has to be my favorite non-word word.

And coming up this week - Flashback Friday: Sweetheart's Edition. It's gonna be big. And that's just the hair...

10 comments:

Erin said...

I think kids don't take naps just to raise our blood pressure. It sure does mine when Aidan doesn't nap. Nice haircut! And I like the coloring too. I'm too scared to color mine because then that would mean I would have to go back and do it more often, and I just don't want to go back (and I don't like multi-color roots very much). Will Zoe at least go to bed early? Or do you get no respite???

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I love the hair! Wish mine was straight so that it could look so cute! Good for you! I haven't changed my hair style... well, ever! Not much to do with a frizz ball!
Wow, Rebekah also naps/sleeps in that same position... which always makes her diaper leak onto her stomache. Please tell me you have the same problem! ha ha!

Marie said...

What gorgeous green eyes you have! I've never noticed them before. I love the haircut. I am seriously tempted to go in the bathroom right now and start hacking away on my own do. I've been warned however, to never cut your hair when pregnant, so I am refraining...but only because I don't want to have an emotional breakdown in front of my kids who are forced to be at home with me for at least one more day (how many snow days will we have because of stinkin' ice storms?) Maybe when the go back to school I'll get the scissors out?

LaDonna and Ben said...

Desta,
I love, love, love, the hair. Go ahead and post those photos, I can't wait. Thanks for getting me into blogging. I'm really enjoying it.

Kayla said...

I love the hair too! I can't wait to see it in person. I need mine done. And thanks for mentioning me in your blog! I feel special. It made my day!

Walnut said...

hecka cool hair. just so you would feel even cooler i left your blog page and came back 15 times so the page view count would go up. you can thank me later

Leslie said...

Wow. You look gorgeous. I second the comment about your eyes. And Emma sleeps in that position too. When and if she does sleep, that is. I think she's starting to feel better, so maybe we can finally sew soon. Or at least hang out. :)

kelly said...

Your hair is awesome! I'm with Fern...straight hair would be glorious!!!!

by the way...I'm ok with a "flash back Friday" picture being posted...I think! It'll get some good laughs I'm sure!

ali said...

desta. i really do look at your blog. I just never get around to commenting.

great hair. Short and sassy!

Deneal said...

I know I've made a few comments on your blog all in one day now...sorry, it's catch-up time. This is the last for today, I promise, but I had to comment on those eyes!! Whoa! Talk about stunning. Love the haircut and color, but those eyes, man you can't do that at the salon. You look fantastic. (You always did though!)