Saturday, February 9, 2008

Flashback Friday: Survivor Favorites

Finally, a legitimate excuse to write all I want about Survivor. Here is the root of my survivor obsession. I watched season 1 casually before I left for college, and there, with the help of my roommates, it became a full-blown affair. Here my roomie Paige and I route for Ethan to win Africa (season 3, January 10, 2002). We came in full costume and made up a few challenges of our own. We even voted. And Ethan won. We were ecstatic. Who wouldn't be? Just look at those knock-out legs. Ah to be young and have no shame!






















Well, for about three seasons I have been saying that we were due for another All Stars edition of Survivor. Finally I get it. The "Fans" aspect is interesting, but I think I would have preferred an all-out All Stars. I heard that they decided to change it up since Amazing Race also did an All Stars episode and of course they have to be different. I'm happy with the choices, but wish that there were a few players from Palau and Guatemala. Off the top of my head, I would have also liked to see Ian and Coby from Palau, Judd and Rafe from Guatemala, Tina, Misty, Terry and Austin from Panama (Exile), Boo from Fiji, and Aaron from China.

I could go on, there are so many players who I love, or think didn't really get a chance to show us what they have, but that would be my other 10 for a straight All Stars game. If I were to reach way back, I'd also include Alex from Amazon. I do like that there aren't any winners here. Although I heard that they tried to get Tom from Palau but he didn't want to. So I guess you could say I'm excited for this season, although the first episode threw me (don't worry, no spoilers here for anyone a little bit behind). Here's to another great season!

10 comments:

RazakFamily said...

I am so excited to finally have a friend as in to survivor as I am. Ifraz hates that I like it so much, and doesn't like to watch it with me. But, now I have a buddy that I can at least discuss it with. I wish that Terry was on this one, too...I liked him a ton. We might have to get together and have a survivor party one of these nights...

Alexis said...

Wow...I remember those days. I also think that we tended to eat dinner in the lounge while watching it. I don't know if this was before you came along...did you ever do the survivor diet with Paige and I? That might have been our freshman year.

Erin said...

Wow. You have a great memory. I only remember a couple of these names from the old shows. I'm the same way with books though: when I finish the last page of a book and close it, I frequently cannot remember the name of the main character. That said, I was surprised by who was voted off this week. Who are you rooting for this time around? A fan or a favorite?

Christine said...

I just had to tell you that I couldn't actually tell that you were prego in that pic (on my blog), and than I remembered you were. Good job dealing with the long warm day in dress shoes.

Nicole said...

I gotta admit, I realized that the Desta on Christie's links was you (how many Desta's are there?) and have been spying on your blog... I thought you might not remember me and/or want to hear from me ("Remember me? I was in your 489 group where you had to redo the budget a billion times.") I really like your blog, though. Zoe is super cute! I remember when she was a pea in the pod :) Liam's 5 months. We're in GA for Dave's job. We actually like it here (I refer you to our most recent post) but we're moving to FL in May because of Dave's job. Good times. Long comment...

Marie said...

What about Colby from Outback? Where is he? Why is Big Bird from the fans so familiar to me? Did I read about her pre-seaon on the cbs website? I kept cracking up at all the crazy things she was saying. JFP is a crazy one. I can never figure him out.

I have to say, I love Survivor but I would NEVER be able to recall ALL those names you spouted off. I kept saying, Who? Can't wait for this Thursday! Mutual is moved to Wednesday for a dance with another ward so I will actually be home to watch! How do I get the kids asleep before 7:00 so I can view in peace?

Walnut said...

2 comments:

knock out legs.

whats Survivor?

Steve, ToVah, Avery, and Z said...

I just wanted to say thank you for this post, I didn't remember that it had started already. Thanks, now I have something else to watch with American Idol.

Romney Family said...

Desta~ you are brave!! Posting those pics of you in short shorts!! I am impressed!!! You look great!!

Kayla said...

Wow! 3 days without blogging. Are you ok? I love the photos. They are hecka cool!