Friday, February 15, 2008

Flashback Friday: Sweetheart's Edition

Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. It was fairly uneventful here. This year I thought about Valentine's as an anniversary of sorts. It has been one year since I started contributing to this blog. James started blogging a long time ago, but it was one year ago that I commandeered this space. Anyway, James had class until late at night so it was just me and the Nuggler for most of the day. Which left me plenty of time to sort and scan old pictures. Here's what I found:

I bet none of you knew James went for taller women.


If you look closely, you can see James' hair gradually getting longer.


Ah, James and April. How sweet. We miss you guys!


My senior prom with Casey.


A group picture - me with my date, Travis - not the one who has recently appeared on this blog- Paige with her date (so sorry your eyes are closed in this shot), and Erin with hers. Travis was a blind date that turned out...um...really good.

Me and Brian. This boy had the bluest eyes I had ever seen(though you can't tell in the picture). Windex blue. And look at that tan. He lived in Idaho for goodness sakes. He was also a cowboy...


Ben and LaDonna all gussied up.


Travis - yes, that Travis - with Kelly. This is from Senior Ball June 1995.


Fern and Steve. When James saw this picture he said, "Two of my favorite people."

Just so you know, I asked permission for some of these photos to be posted. If your picture is up here and you want me to take it down, let me know, unless you:
  1. Are a Guy
  2. Are related to us (sorry, Fern, your veto power is negated since you are family)
  3. Don't have a blog of your own (let he who is without a blog cast NO stones)

13 comments:

Erin said...

Christian and James both went through a similar "long hair" phenomenon. Christian had hair to his chin at one point (no, I didn't know him back then). These are great pictures. And I'm lucky to know some of these people. Cool Raggedy Ann and Andy, by the way.

Kayla said...

Hecka awesome pictures! I love seeing how you all looked back then. I wouldn't have recognized a lot of the people.

Marie said...

If I can find my picture of James and I hanging out while Travis and Kelly were at Senior Ball, I'll post it. We both look FABULOUS!

Marie said...

Can you believe Joel voted for Tracy? WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Amanda said...

Love the pictures. I think April needs to start a blog. I have plenty of blackmail pictures, if you're interested...

kelly said...

Great pictures...these are so funny to look at!

Romney Family said...

Those are so great~Desta!! It is so fun to see those pictures!! It was fun to see both James and LaDonna's hair long!!

Laney Namanny said...

Those are the best!! I love those

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Too fun! I love the picture of me and Steve, he was such a good sport about the whole thing. I still remember all the fun we had! I have the picture of you and your date from that night around here somewhere, too!
Quite a "flashback"!

Unknown said...

So fun. I love the pictures and all of your "flashback Friday" posts! I hope you guys were able to have a night out for Valentines. Why do husbands have to work?

Marie said...

I tagged you...sorry. I promise it's easy. Only 2 days till Survivor! I bought a tape to record on this week because I so desperately want to watch it the minute I arrive home from mutual.

Anonymous said...

James and Desta, please check out a new blog that I started. It is
www.BringTraceyHome.blogspot.com
Please share this site with all of your friends also. Thank you,
MOM G

Deneal said...

Those are some seriously stylin' couples.