Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Newest Garth in the Family

August 21

If any of you don't know, Garth is a family name for the Eldridges. That being said, I am not pregnant.

Garth Neptune is a 6-year old that lives down the street. We don't know the family particularly well, but we could be considered acquaintances. One night his mom came over and asked me to babysit him - 6 hours a day, 3 days a week! I was really flattered that she would think so highly of me to ask, but it also seemed a little weird (I have a hard time asking really good friends to watch Zoe for an hour or two).

So now, Tuesday-Thursday, Garth comes to our house after school and hangs out with us. I help him with homework, we go to the park, it's great. Plus I am bringing in some extra cash (that's why I didn't even have to blink before deciding we should go to the concert next week). And he's a really good kid. Zoe definitely likes him too. Plus I am way excited for the experience. I'm not what you would call "kid-friendly" mostly because I've never had to be. With no younger siblings and not many babysitting opportunities living in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, I wasn't bothered much by ankle biters. To top it all off, I get to help out with the school stuff and I LOVE that. Seriously. I am a grade-A nerd (literally) and I miss school so much. Poor Garth, he will always get his homework done. Oh well, welcome to the family!

No comments: