Friday, September 21, 2007

We Are Survivors!

In more ways than one...

First off, we survived nearly 3 months without a steady internet connection. Today we are officially online again, and at lightning fast speeds, might I add. So if you haven't checked out the blog in the last couple days scroll down to see the video and pictures I've just added. On Monday our router will arrive and then our neighbors will join us in online bliss.

Secondly, Survivor China started on Thursday! I am giddy. I seriously got goosebumps watching the show. And every few minutes I literally squealed in delight. Just so you know, I am really not all that involved in reality programming in general, but something about Survivor just strikes a chord. The only drawback is that this season I will not be able to watch with Erin Wimmer since she is inconveniently residing in Iowa. We watched shows together and dissected every episode and talked endlessly about the players. I miss her so much! Although James seems to understand and has been nicer than usual about this particular obsession. So far...

4 comments:

Erin said...

So, what do you think about the first episode? We'll definitely have to chat, but my very first thought is too many close-ups on chests! And also, to tell you the truth, I'm a little glad they got rid of Chicken, simply because I couldn't understand much of what he was saying!

kelly said...

James! I couldn't believe it was you on our blog! Your family is cute and does fun stuff. I see you do music, awesome!
I saw Fern on your blog; she looks great! tell her hello for me!
we'll be in touch.

Marie said...

Hello wife of James! I promise Kelly and I are not stalkers. Well maybe a bit..I speak for myself. I stumbled upon the link for Gillice on Kelly's blog and thought, NO WAY...JAMES GILLICE? I knew James back in high school (but not from high school...our best friends dated) and I am so happy to see he has a beautiful wife and a lovely child. What a happy family. I am so proud of you for coming out with your Survivor addiction. I am a closet Survivor watcher. I make my kids play in the bedroom while I watch so they can't tell other people that I have to see it every week. I am so pathetic. It's hard to keep such things secret when your kids are older though. Tomorrow I'll be at YW when it's on and I don't even have a good tape to record on and definitely not TIVO. SO, I have to wait until Friday morning to watch it online and bummer for me the kids have no school? Poor kids will be neglected once again. I'll be checking back to see what you have to say about the next episode...oh, and to get wonderful updates on your family...if you don't mind!

Marie said...

Alright, I guess I'm out of the closet on the Survivor addiction. How many people read your blog? :)