Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Splitsville. Population: Us

On Sunday an amazing thing happened. It was certainly an answer to prayers. Though we've known it was coming for a couple weeks, I couldn't tell all you wonderful people about it until it actually happened. Our ward split! Huzzah! And another hearty "Huzzah!" for James' new calling as ward clerk in our new Greenridge Ward.

I am so excited
.

Our new ward is so small - just our townhouses and the surrounding houses that make up the Greenridge development - but it is going to be awesome. And we are definitely excited that James will be in a position to use all the wonderful experiences we had in the 7th Ward to make this ward awesome. Seriously, the 7th Ward was like boot camp (in a good, loving way). I didn't realize how rare and wonderful it was until we were gone. The new Bishop is one of three men who actually know James and I am excited for James to be working with him.

The only downside is that between all the work of getting a ward running from scratch and James' last month of school (and the giant project he is finishing) I'm not going to see much of him during the month of April. The kids might forget what he looks like. But mostly we are excited about all the opportunities this change brings to us and everyone else in the ward. I love a challenge!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you're excited. If you weren't the next little bit would probably be the biggest drag to live through :) By the way, I rented Lars & the Real Girl. Loved It. Totally on the Buy list.

RazakFamily said...

I am so excited for you! Now you can make some super sweet and awesome friends :)
Go James!! Good luck with your project and starting from "scratch"
Keep me updated...

Erin said...

Ahhh, the 7th ward. We definitely miss it. I'm glad your ward split. Things are definitely looking up for you. Besides the fact that you won't see much of your husband, of course.

Marie said...

I loved it when we had a small little branch after our split. Then they changed the boundaries and we are HUGE! Enjoy the smallness while it lasts! What's your new calling?

The Nelsons said...

i'm excited about our new ward. i think it'll be great. the other day, greta said, "i love zoe more every day." :)

Brittany said...

Yeah! Oh, and it is rumored that Golden Shoulders will be performing in Provo on May 11th! We are so excited!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Sounds exciting! I get so excited to see the church growing by leaps and bounds... one split Ward at a time!