Sunday, April 12, 2009

FINALLY!

*I FINALLY got to see my nephew Devin for the first time since he got back from his mission. The last time I saw him, Zoe was 6 weeks old. He and his brother Dillon (who leaves for his mission in July) stayed with us last weekend so they could go to conference. My mom was also visiting so we had a bit of a full house. The kids slept in our room, my mom got the office, and the boys took the kids' room since Zoe's bed has a trundle. It worked out really well and I loved having my family here.

*James and I FINALLY got to go on a date. Our last one was in August. Yikes. Since my mom was here she held down the fort while we went out bowling, then got some ice cream, then trolled the isles at Wal-mart unhindered by little ones (not much to do in Payson after 9 pm obviously). It was bliss. Thanks Mom!

















*James FINALLY sold his Prelude that has been sitting, unused, in front of our house since December. He bought a new car several weeks ago but we're just now getting around to giving the Prelude the old heave-ho. It was bittersweet. But mostly sweet. Good luck, Dylan!

*After nearly 8 years, I'm FINALLY back in the Young Women's organization! Whoo! I got called as the secretary and I couldn't be more excited. Youth Conference, Girls Camp, Mutual, Dances, Girls Camp, Personal Progress, Service Projects, Girls Camp. And have I mentioned GIRLS CAMP? I simply cannot contain all the excitement that is percolating inside of me.

*It is FINALLY James' last week at school. He has a big presentation and a big project due on Wednesday so it will be a few more days before I get to see him on a regular basis, but the light at the end of one heck of a long tunnel is here. And it is a beautiful sight.

*Owen is FINALLY sleeping a little better at night. He usually goes down around 7:30, then wakes around 11 or 12, then sleeps through until about 6, then he goes back down until 8, unless Zoe gets to him first. I don't think we can call it sleeping through the night technically, but it's a lot closer than anything else he's done and I'll take it.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I read this post aloud to Jon, and when I read the part about the prelude Jon gasped and said, very shocked, "REALLY?!!" It was kind of funny to see his face.

We're coming out to Utah for a wedding May Day weekend...it would be fun to meet you in person!

Erin said...

Hallelujah for date night! It has been way too long since we have been on one.

I tried to come up with a good "finally!" comment, but I'm just too darn tired.

Walnut said...

DUDE I made an offer for the Lude months ago. What the crap. I've literally been sitting by my cell phone at night waiting for the call to sell it to me.

comment = cookies

I like that concept. i hope you deliver

Marie said...

I am so happy to hear you love YW as much as I do! I can't believe it when leaders complain about going to dances, girls camp or youth conference. Heck, I'm marking them on the calendar and making sure I've got a babysitter because I LOVE them!

Date nights are always fun too!

And...last night Walter (13 months) decided he wasn't going to give me bragging rights of a child sleeping through the night and awoke at 1:30 insisting to be fed. Poor guy, what was I to do?