Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Out With the Old...




...In With the New

James here...

It's been a long time coming...too long maybe.  

It was nearly 10 years ago that I got back from my two year LDS mission in New Zealand only to find that I was sorely in need of a vehicle.  My pre-mission vehicle, a 1977 Honda Accord, was just not going to cut it anymore as I was planning to move to Utah and would be driving to and from frequently.


So I have to say thanks to my Dad who helped me at that time to find and procure a 1988 Honda Prelude.  At that time it was hardly a "new" vehicle at all...it was 11 years old and had 141k miles on it.

10 years, 70k miles, 3 alternators, 2 hoods, 1 clutch, and a myriad of other problems later, I've finally sold it for the amazing price of $150.  Could I have got more for it?  Probably (since it does still run).  Would I have felt good about doing so?  Definitely not.

So what have I replaced it with?  This...




That should easily last me another 10 years.

6 comments:

Marie said...

What? That car is so nice!!! I bet it smells like new. Don't let the kids near it or it will smell like my van. Stinky diapers, soggy goldfish and bubblegum wrappers. Yuck.

RazakFamily said...

I'm way jealous - we can't wait to get a new car...
Congrats to you!!!

Erin said...

Woo Hoo! Did you shed a tear for the old Honda?

The Griffins said...

Holy Smokes! There's a new pimp in town in Payson! Watch out!!!

Femin Susan said...

That car looks splendid.
cheers!

Romney Family said...

Yeah for new cars!!How nice!!