Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear Owen,

You are 6 months old today. Half-Year Birthday to You! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. You have brought so much to our family in such a short amount of time it's hard to remember our lives without you. If someone had told me that a baby could be as happy as you are ALL the time I would have thought they were nuts. You always have a smile for everyone. We call you Buddy and it fits so well because it is so easy to love you.

You are my happy, calm little man. You are our number 1 thumb sucker. You are always willing to eat, despite your sensitive little tummy (I've sworn off beans and green sauce for you - now that is love). You have yet to come close to sleeping through the night, though your beaming smile at 3 am almost makes it worth it. Almost. You love to play on your tummy and roll around. In the last month you have discovered your feet and I adore watching you play with them.


I have a feeling that you will be mobile before I'm ready for you to be. You already move around quite a bit. You're also not shy about shoving things in your mouth, so the next few months should be an adventure all around.

Daddy teases me that I have a crush on you, but it's true - you're just too handsome for your own good. We just can't figure out who you look like. We also can't figure out how your face can be so square and yet so round at the same time.

I am looking forward to the upcoming months and years with you in our family. You're definitely a keeper!

Love,
Mommy

P.S. I totally dare you to stop smiling.

7 comments:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Man he's a cutie!
I love the little bunch of hair on the tippy top of his head... it's just so perfect! You couldn't cut it any more perfectly, perfecter... you know what I mean!

Leslie said...

How could anyone not have a crush on this boy? He is stunning. Happy 6 month birthday Owen!

Kayla said...

He is so dang cute! The other day, I heard someone say "You love your kids, but you're in love with your grandkids." I have to disagree. Though I won't be a grandparent for a long time, I feel completely in love with Shelby! So it's ok if you have a little crush on Owen ;)

April said...

I can't believe he is so old...and cute. I think he looks like Desta and Fern, no that he doesn't look like James, but he is really cute. You guys are amazing bloggers and I always love to catch up on your lives. I am trying to get back into blogging and regular life. Since you were so traumatized by my preggo pictures, i am now inspired to post labor and delivery photos. Stay tuned...

Heather said...

Owen is really cute. I cannot believe how time flies. They grow up way to fast and some days not fast enough.

Melissa said...

Gosh he's amazingly cute. . .so much I have to look forward to!

Marie said...

Oh, he is so cute. Those eyelashes are killing me! How sweet! I loved your love note.