Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Not to brag, but I ROCK at Thanksgiving. OK, I'm bragging a little. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays. For the second year in a row James' dad and stepmom came out and we had a blast. I did ALL of the cooking and loved every second. This year I even attempted a pie which turned out super yummy. That in itself is amazing as I don't bake. I loved cooking in our new house because I didn't have to use our dining room table as counter space during the cooking process and with a dishwasher, the clean up of 7 hours of cooking was much easier. Not to mention James' family didn't have to sleep in our living room!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

For those of you who are wondering...No, there is nothing you can do to get Zoe to look at the camera.

rich and steph said...

Thanks for the email James-i will be looking up your songs. My kids and hubby love them too. You have an amazing talent!! The haircut looks great and the food looks fantastic. May have to make a road trip to see my parents in Sandy, Utah next year for thanksgiving and stop by your house!! And when you get too cold in Payson, come on down to AZ where it is still 70 and our citrus is ripe on the tree-yummy:)

Leslie said...

Desta, you are my hero. Plain and simple.

Erin said...

Desta, I am fully impressed. That setup is fantastic. And I am so happy that you have a house too. Yay for space!

Jilly Bean said...

Amazing...amazing. You cooked all of Thanksgiving dinner with your two little ones hanging around (one of which is an infant). Wow. You're in a house? Yay! Where are you living?

Romney Family said...

YOur food looks so great!!! Way to go!! Your pie looks amazing!!! Great job!!

SkyBluePink said...

Please, please, please, please can I have the recipe for the pie. PLEASE?! :D

(Also, that turkey is what dreams are made of.)

Kayla said...

I'm jealous about the dishwasher part. My kitchen's still a mess because of Thanksgiving. Looks great though! That's a beauty-ful turkey!

Nicole said...

Your Thanksgiving looks amazing! Kudos to you for being brave enough to do it all by yourself :)