Friday, December 19, 2008

Making It Official

Owen's blessing (nearly 2 weeks ago) was wonderful. Thank you to everyone who could come (or those who wanted to be there but couldn't). It was nice to have some friendly faces in our ward. Here are some pictures:

The Dudes (minus James' boss)

The Chicas

And while we're talking about blessings, let me demonstrate what a blessing in our life Owen is:

This kid ALWAYS has a smile for us. Whether he is watching Zoe play, just waking up from his nap, or getting a 3 am diaper change. He is just a happy, calm little guy - which is a nice change around here. Not that Zoe isn't happy. She is, usually. But "calm" will never never be used to describe her. Bless her heart.

12 comments:

Kayla said...

He's so cute! I wish we could have been at the blessing. I can't remember what was the deal that day if we were home sick, or if I had to conduct in Relief Society that day. I'm glad you guys had 7th ward supporters there though!

Jilly Bean said...

Your kids are precious!

RazakFamily said...

I am so sad we couldn't make it. It's hard enough to get to church with the 2 kids without Ifraz, that I didn't want to cause a ruckus at your ward, too!
Owen looks VERY stinkin' handsome! What an adorable smile! We might have to make our kids be betrothed so we have cute grand-babies in the FAR future :)

Paige Turnbow said...

Those are great pictures of Owen. He looks so big already.

Leslie said...

Owen's smile makes me smile! He is so so so cute.

Kimberly said...

Way cute! He is getting big, just like my little Eli. All 15 pounds of him. Woah.

Kimberly said...

Um, I mean 16. He is huge, lol.

Romney Family said...

He is so cute and growing up so fast!! We are sure sad we missed his blessing!! thanks for the invite!! We had just got our new callings finally after 4 1/2 months in the ward and couldn't miss our church. I love the pic of Zoe and Owen on the top of you page!! Too cute!!

April said...

Congratulations on making yet another cute baby. You should really get started on another one if you are going to keep up with the Dietzs. I love how your kids are spilling over with personality. BTW, Desta, you are a great blogger... always fun to read.

Walnut said...

what beautiful baby. definitely in the top 3. depending on the street

Unknown said...

Wow, that last picture of Owen is adorable! He is such a cute little kid!

rich and steph said...

I love blessing days. They were always my favorite times for each of my 5 kids. My only girl, and last child, screamed thru her whole blessing. And she still continues to have a temper 4 years later:)