Monday, May 26, 2008

The Sights and Smells of Payson

On Sunday we went for a little walk around our neighborhood. I was a bit too full from dinner to attempt the bikes. Here is a little tour of our surrounding area.

First we have the Payson cold storage. Who needs a refrigerator when this is a 5-minute walk away?


Then we go around the corner and there is this lovely view.


Something smells a little off, though. Wait, what does that sign in the left corner of the picture say? Let's get a closer look.


Here's a random belly shot (have I mentioned that I just ate a REALLY big dinner? And I've recently decided not to wear horizontal stripes EVER!)


Then we round another corner and come across the canal. I spy with my little eye.....


Then it's back through some houses.



Whew! Gotta take a water break.


A quick stop at the park.


And we're home again.



Have we mentioned that we LOVE it here?

8 comments:

Deneal said...

Who knew Payson was so exciting?!

Leslie said...

You're beautiful Desta--horizontal stripes and all.

LaDonna and Ben said...

I'm border covetuos of your new little house and all the improvements you are making. I can't wait. Some day soon!

LaDonna and Ben said...

I ment to say border line covetous.

Marie said...

Do they package dead deer at the plant? That was really gross.

You look great in horizontal stripes. I'm sure you look great in everything.

Cathy Jo said...

Is that your real tummy? Is that Owen, or just the big meal? LOL

Just a quick note to let you know that Tre and I have train tickets to SLC, UT. We will be arriving on June 9th at 4:05 and leaving on June 16th at 11:30 pm. Will this work out for you guys? If not I will cancel these tickets and re-eval another time to come. I hope that this is not too long of a stay...(sorry but Zoe needs us!)...or we need Zoe... anyway, we are really excited to be there. Do either of you know where the SLC train station is located? We will need a ride from there to Payson...hopefully from you guys and not using our thumbs.

I was hoping that these times would be late enough (or early enough, as the case may be) so that James would be available to drive all the way to SLC and still be available for work:>)

Anyway, please let me know soon so I can make changes if needed. Thanks. Love you guys and can't wait to see you.

Love Grandma Cathy (MOM)

Cathy Jo said...

Opps, I forgot to say 4:05 AM.

MOM

Erin said...

What a thorough explanation of an evening walk! I am very impressed. I love the bump. Fun little park. Gross in the canal and the meat packing facility. Your gift cert was mailed yesterday. Enjoy!