Friday, August 29, 2008

Umm....

So, like, I have, like 5 weeks until my due date! Isn't that crazy? This pregnancy has really just flown by. We are so excited for Owen to come and join our family. Zoe talks about him every day and loves to touch my tummy. Sometimes she lifts up her shirt and shows us "Zoe's baby Owen" so I don't think she quite grasps what is going on, but it's dang cute.

Anyway, I thought I'd take a couple minutes and document this pregnancy for my own sake. I have such easy pregnancies and I am so blessed. I have been way more tired this time around, but that's probably due to the fact that I chase a 2-year-old up and down the stairs all day. A few weeks ago I was having a tough time because Owen was getting a little too strong. His kicks were literally hurting me (anyone read Breaking Dawn? A few parts really hit close to home). I'm sure some people at the grocery store thought I was going to go into labor in the middle of the aisle as I was constantly stopping and wincing in pain from this little "nudger." Plus he was mostly kicking in the same spot so I was sore. Besides being strong, he is pretty persistent. He picks a spot to stretch or push against and won't give it up for a while. It was getting really uncomfortable for a couple weeks. Luckily, it seems like he has grown enough that he can't get as much momentum behind his punches or that he's settled into a position where they don't bother me as much. Either way I'm happier.

As anxious as I am about handling 2 kids and all that that entails, I am really excited to have Owen here. I feel so prepared in some ways and yet I know I'll be taken completely by surprise when he comes. I feel like such a different person than I was when I had Zoe - much more patient and relaxed, but less organized and "on top of things." Oh well, it's probably a healthier trade off for the whole family.

The next 5 weeks will be packed with so much change around here as Summer draws to an end, we get back into the routine of James going to school, and we tie up the many loose ends we have to take care of before Owen comes. I am so excited to share it with all of you and if you have any advice about the whole "more than one kid" situation (or just having a BOY for that matter) I'd love to hear it.

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Lets just hope that little guy dosent rip his way out of your stomach! I want to see some pitures of your little belly! (im sure it looks something like a olive on a toothpick!)

Romney Family said...

Well~having two is a change but it is good especially when they can play together. As for the boy thing~ In some ways they are easier than girls~you don't have all the mood swings and emotions. They are a bit calmer but they love to climb everything as well. I am so sure Owen is going to break a bone or have a concusion but he hasn't yet!! Anyway, good luck!!

payneinthe... said...

Desta- thank you for your comment. Im sorry for forgetting the card to mention who it was from. I was just so excited for you guys that I got a little out of control. Making baby clothes are the most fun, I love it and am always looking for an excuse to make something. I hope and pray that your last few weeks are the most wonderful and know that you will enjoy your little guy so much! Congratulations.

Aaron said...

Melinda showed me pictures of your summer get-together. Sorry I missed it! Congrats on your little Owen! You'll love having two. It's so much fun!

Unknown said...

So where does the "owen" come from? I assume it's a family name, as it is your husband's middle name...

Excited for you. Boy babies are different in a very cute way, I have been delighted with mine.

RazakFamily said...

I love boys! In fact, I am happy with only having one girl. I absolutely LOVED the transition from 1 to 2 kids, because Zoe is going to be so much fun to watch with baby owen. I know in our house, Esi is NAVI's baby...not ours. He runs to her the second she starts to cry and makes sure that she is okay. You are going to be the bestest mommy of 2 :)