Friday, June 27, 2008

Word of The Day

It's a fairly innocent book. The title, Where Are My Glasses? pretty much summarizes the entire plot. We've read it about five times every day for the past week (thank goodness it's a library book and will eventually have to go back). The rhymes are simple and predictable and Zoe knows every single one without being prompted. So, for our third reading of the day when I read, "Are they under my..." and left room for Zoe to complete the sentence with "bed," she paused, gave me a sly look, said "HEAD!" and fell over laughing. For about 10 minutes. She just knowingly made her first joke and she loved it. Half-way through the laughter I grabbed the camera to document the occasion. Fortunately the joke was still funny.

Warning: this video is cute and long - don't feel obligated to watch the whole thing. But don't feel self-conscious for watching it over and over either.




As a side note - our new schedule is working out better than I could have hoped. I have actually been productive this week. And I have had more quality time with Zoe. More quality time = more blogworthy moments. Fortunately the schedule has also given me more time to blog so I should be updating more frequently than I have over the past couple months. Look for Flashback Friday coming at you late tonight!

5 comments:

Erin said...

What a cute hairstyle! And I just love her laugh. She is so happy!

Lindsay said...

I feel envious of your schedule. I am pretty sure that some structure would tremendously help Nolan and myself and everyone else I know. So way to go. You should post your exact agenda so I can copy you and not have to pull creativity out of thin air and think up my own schedule. That's only about half joking... we are in serious need of a routine and it seems like a daunting task to design one. Speaking of designs, I love your new blog design. Also, I'm not sure how to comment on a comment... so I'll just do it here. Back a while ago you asked how the G in Gerret's name was pronounced. It's a soft g. And we don't currently have plans for returning to the West any time soon. The last trip cross country with a baby was pretty harrowing and now we have two (but no cats so maybe it'd be about equal and not any more harrowing, but still harrowing nonetheless), so hopefully we'll wait a while, but I'll be sure to let you know when we do. How's that for a comment.

Kayla said...

Shelby thoroughly enjoyed watching this (as did I). She just sat here smiling. That is so cute! She's going to have a great sense of humor just like her parents.

Melissa said...

She loves being on video! That was so funny and awesome! I will always remember how she says "head" and laughs hysterically!

Marie said...

i love baby laughs. so cute!