Thursday, June 5, 2008

Flashback Friday: Yearning for Summertime

I almost remember what it's like to be warm more often than not. Today is June 5th. As in, the same month wherein begins Summer. As in, two weeks SINCE Memorial Day weekend. As in, I have the heat on and I'm wearing sweats today. And it snowed in the mountains. What the...? Yup. It is our second cold rainy day today so I had to turn the heat up. Last night Zoe slept in her winter pj's with the space heater on. Did I mention it's June 5th?

To help me remember warmer days, here are some great summer-time activities from, literally, warmer days:

Gearing up for a trip to the lake/river/pool/whatever with buddies.
Buddies include: Ben, April, LaDonna, Lindsay Abel, and James.


Here's one from the same trip, but this shot also includes Steve, LaDonna's face, and three of her younger siblings - Jay, Codey, and Julia (correct us if we're wrong)


And nothing says "Summer" like a dozen half-naked Italian boys jumping into a dangerously shallow river. Am I right?

Well, maybe nothing except a picture of me doing the same thing.


Now, say it with me, "It WILL get warm, it WILL get warm, it WILL get warm..."

7 comments:

kelly said...

thanks for the laugh-learn-love comment on my blog! that is one of my new favorite blogs! I hope she doesn't mind, I added her to my list. I know her posts will come in nicely this summer! (yea! new things to do)

I have a feeling the weather is going to turn around very quickly for you. We just had a rainy cold day on Wed. too. Today it's 90. What? I can't keep up...I don't know how to dress or what to send Emily to school in - layers and layers.

Romney Family said...

It is so much fun to see old pictures of you and james and the friends you both hung out with. It looks like you had a great time in Vegas at your bro's wedding. Your little baby bump is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Tonight I get on the train to go to Sacramento to pick up Tre. Then tomorrow morning we will catch the train to SLC. I'm sorry that it gets in so early in the morning...but I did not want to spend four or five hours waiting for the bus to take us to Provo.

I am so excited to see Zoe!!! So is Tre. We will be there on Monday early am (4:something). I am just now starting to do the actual packing of my suitcase(s). I have spent a couple of days just getting everything washed and making a list of what to remember to bring with me. I'll see you soon.

Love Grandma Cathy (MOM)

April said...

Okay, seriously. Was that really necessary? The only thing that is keeping my self image intact is the fact that my legs made great reflectors on the jeep. If I remember right, I think I had just come from my Senior picnic and thought I looked hot enough to drive around in my jeep like that to ladonna's house. I was wrong. Thanks for the laugh! We will be in Salem July 6th-about the 14th. I'll come by Payson (dressed in disguise of course, so that none of the Salemites know I have crossed over).

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walnut said...

um I think you 'chose' to move to the winter wonderland called Payson. its like 5 degrees colder there you know