Friday, February 20, 2009

Setbacks

Summer is right around the corner. Yes, it's February and still freezing and there is snow on the ground more often than not. But in my head it is May. I am already envisioning playing outside, walking to the park, working in the garden, lounging around in the lazy summer evenings, and making endless trips to the pool. So of course my focus lately has shifted to getting my body to a state of swimsuit readiness.

James surprised me and got me Wii Fit for Valentines (it's romantic if you know how much I wanted it and how he tricked me into thinking that he wasn't going to buy it until after we got things settled with his car). I've also picked up some lotion from the Body Shop to help with some problem areas (stretchmarks). So for the last week I've been playing games/working out, and basting myself, all the while daydreaming about laying out by the pool and not feeling self conscious (or at least not any more self conscious than I was before I had kids). Of course it was all too good to be true.

Owen has been getting a bit fussy lately and hasn't been eating well. And it hit me - when I was nursing Zoe I started up my previously normal yoga routine and she reacted the same way. For me, exercise + nursing = unhappy babies. So I will be cutting back on that or cutting it out completely until Owen is on solids. He is still refusing rice cereal so that could be a while.

Then my other dilemma. I have used my "special" lotion (read: expensive) twice. Last night I went to the bathroom and nearly shrieked at what I saw - a huge red rash all over my stomch and hips. It itched like crazy and looked atrocious. I'm hoping it's not related to the lotion, but it's the only culprit I can think of. I've stopped using it to see if the rash goes away. Then I'll cross my fingers it doesn't come back when I get brave enough to use it again.

So, for now, my dreams have been stifled and it is winter again. Or I might just start looking into wet suits.

5 comments:

RazakFamily said...

Oh honey!!! I'm so sorry!!! You know, Esi didn't eat solids for forever - and now she won't stop eating...so just give him time!!
Good luck!!!

Marie said...

Thanks for the laugh! Sounds like how my plans have ended up with running....ain't happening. One thing though on the nursing is, they say if you nurse right before you exercise then the bad juice...I think it's lactic acid??? that causes your baby to be fussy has time to go away before the next nursing comes around. Or I could just be making all of this up. Also, Walter is a big kid, but he wouldn't even touch solids until about 8 or nine months...he loves the nursing I tell ya. Good luck, and truly I wish summer was here too!

Jennifer (Fern) said...

How frustrating! I feel for you. I'm having delusions of summer as well, the weather is sunny and warm and just mocks me because I know it won't last!
I've been trying to work out... which means I can hardly move I'm sore all over. Muscles I didn't even know I had!
I hope everything works itself out!

Nicole said...

Honestly, I don't think I'd mind not being able to work out... but that's just me. And I've started going to the pool when no one else is there. That way I don't have to worry about embarrassment at all :)

Walnut said...

thats weird how its still snowy down in Antarctica. you should move up here. i played basketball outside today in the nude. yea it was warm