Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Like This and Like That (and Like This and A)

Sorry for the blogging hiatus. Last night I told James it was because I had been using the laptop so much and I don't blog from the laptop. This morning he whisked the laptop away to work with him. What an odd coincidence. But also James has been using the computer a lot to work on musical stuff in the evenings and my afternoons have been a little hectic with the nap situation. Zoe did great in her bed for a week and then suddenly decided she didn't need to stay in her bed anymore. So I spend the better part of the afternoon in and out of her room until I just can't take any more and she goes into the crib. But she's still got a near-perfect record at bedtime so I can't complain too much.

Anyway, we have been busy around here, as usual. James had Pioneer Day off last Thursday and made it into a four-day-weekend. We went to the pool and on a ward camp out. The pool is great. For those of you haven't heard - the new Payson City Pool opened on July 3rd and it is about a 1/2 mile from our house. Zoe and I go at least once a week and it was great to have James join us. I actually got to go down the big slides. The pool has something for everyone and the best part is that the whole thing is padded in rubber, instead of having a concrete floor and sides. so I can spend my time on my knees in the shallow parts with Zoe and still be comfortable. If anyone wants to try it out, let us know. We're always game to go. Here are a few pictures to "wet" your appetite:












The ward camp out was ok. The campground wasn't ideal and it was really hot. It just isn't camping if you're in a t-shirt the entire time and you don't even want to come near the fire. Zoe loved being outside and kept saying "I camping in the mountains." The only obstacle we had with her was the sleeping arrangements. We took our portable crib because Zoe refuses to sleep with us, so she already wasn't too happy about that. Then we all had to sleep in the same tent, which she also didn't like. She knew we were still there and kept telling us to "go bye-bye" even though it was pitch black and way past her bedtime. Hopefully she'll get the hang of it as we have another trip planned in a few weeks.

This week is already packed as well. Tomorrow Zoe has her 2-year checkup and I have Enrichment. On Thursday I am helping with our Primary Activity Day. So of course I won't be able to get to the pool until Friday (because today we went to a movie in Spanish Fork). Life is just so rough sometimes!

5 comments:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

That pool looks SWEET! I don't blame you for going regularly!!!
Wow, is it really hot there? We have hardly had any weather in the 90's all summer! Weird. It definitely gets cool at night here too.

Kayla said...

Desta, Shelby & I would love to go to the pool with you guys. Lets make a plan! Just call me up.

April said...

I move away and Payson comes through with an awesome pool. Hopefully it won't get struck by krypto...(isn't that a total pessimistic outlook on life). Zoe is so cute and has personality oozing out of her in all her pictures. I have a 2 year old that she might like.

Susan said...

I LOVE the Scottish Festival!! I can't believe we missed you either.

Erin said...

What a fun looking pool. I can definitely see why you go weekly. And good luck with the camping thing...pretty soon Zoe will be a pro, just like her parents (and then Owen will come along and throw a momentary wrench in things.)