Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Great Week to be James

Let me start by declaring how grateful I am that James' overtime days are over. The last 2 weeks have been filled with, 10, 12, and 14-hour days, and he even had to work a Saturday! That is unheard of around these parts. But UVU had the library grand opening on Monday and things mostly went off without a hitch, so now life can return to a more normal pace around here.


The most exciting part of the new library is, of course, James' new office. His whole department has a new workspace which includes: offices, storage, workbenches, and more storage. And James gets his very own, big boy office - complete with desk, chair, shelves, filing cabinet and door. I love this space already because it prompted him to say the 6 sweetest words I've been longing to hear, "I want to go to Ikea." James is way excited to make his office his own space and I am more than happy to help, especially when it involves a trip to the Holy Land of interior decorating. So we will head up on Monday before we hit the Zoo for Zoe's birthday.

In other "amazing things to happen to James" news, his song By And By is being recognized again over at GarageBand.com. This time as the track of the week (in the folk rock genre). It has also climbed to #39 in the charts (out of 360 songs in that genre).

So let's all give a big Woo-Hoo to James for being so amazing!

6 comments:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Way to go James!
How cool to have your own office! Now you can tell visitors who come in to talk to you:
"I can't talk now, I'm busy... (pick up phone) get me somebody... anybody, and get me somebody while I'm waiting!"
What a dream come true!! Congrats!

Brittany said...

Awesome James! (I was about to type way to go when I saw that Fern already stole that line). I bet you're glad to have your husband back Desta :)

Erin said...

That is so cool about James' song and his office. He is having a very good week (aside from working 60 hours). And I have never been to Ikea, or even owned anything from them, but we are very seriously considering stopping there on our way through to Cedar City to purchase some things for our new house. So if you are there the morning of July 23 and see a moving truck there, you'll know it is us!

kelly said...

woo hoo to james!
It's great to be you and have all this exciting stuff happening.

Desta, you are a good woman to be cheering him on...I'm sure it's not been easy with his busy schedule!

LaDonna and Ben said...

I've been slogging my guts away attending fancy gala lunches and premiers. And look at this suit you're wearing...
But, it's all I've got apart from the overalls, Father.

Good on ya, James.
Corner office with a view. Sweet.

Marie said...

Yeah for James! It's so great you are pursuing your talents, hobby and dreams.