Monday, July 14, 2008

Zooropa!

Phew! Only a week after the fact - I'm finally catching up around here. The Monday after Zoe's birthday we packed up and headed to the zoo. Because, you know, we hadn't crammed enough action into a 3-day weekend so we went ahead and made a 4-day-weekend. Of course we had a great time. The Hogle Zoo is a little small (and a little disappointing to anyone who has to pay full price to see it) but it was definitely worth it. Zoe had a blast and we had fun watching her take it all in. Here are some highlights:

Checking out some monkeys


The Bird Show Rocks!


More from the Bird Show


Just in time to see the elephants get a shower


The first snake of the day!


5 comments:

s.k.namanny said...

Ah, Hogle Zoo. How it's changed. Even the people who go there have changed: they're better looking. Go Gillices!

Erin said...

I love how most pictures you took at the zoo were of your daughter, and not actually the animals. (Or maybe you just posted the cutest pictures, and they happened to NOT be the animals.) Usually I take pictures of every single animal, and then at the very end realize I never took any pictures of my kids. Oops! Anyway, very cute. Looks like you had fun.

Kimberly said...

Fun! I went with my hubby last year and it is a pretty sad zoo, haha.

My mom told me she saw you there with my sister and her friend. Neat! :D

Walnut said...

the last picture is so funny

Marie said...

I can't believe how grown up Zoe looks! I love taking the kids to the zoo.