Monday, February 2, 2009

I'll Alert the Media

Zoe fell asleep in church yesterday! She hasn't done that since she was about 6 months old. Poor girl. She's sick, which has only happened a few times in her life. Which is really too bad since she just gets super mellow and sleepy. Yesterday she fell asleep in James' arms during sacrament meeting. We took her to primary with us so as not to infect the nursery (although that's probably where she got it in the first place) then at home she went straight down for a nap. When she woke up, she ate a few bites of dinner, watched a little football, then headed back upstairs and put herself back to bed. It was 6:30.

Meanwhile I'm actually typing this one-handed while I try and appease a grumpy little man (Owen). I'm pretty sure he has some teeth coming in. He hasn't really slept for more than two hours at a time for a couple days. I've decided to fore go even going to bed at night. What I do is something closer to "consecutive napping" than actual sleep. Needless to say we are all in pajamas.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'd give an arm if it meant Emma would sleep during sacrament meeting. I feel like I hold my breath for the entire hour and 10 minutes.

What a little independent trooper Zoe is. Putting herself to bed and all.

Erin said...

Days like that are so hard on moms. I hope things get better soon.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Poor little thing. But it must be a little nice how much she is sleeping. I think I became a mom for nap and bed times! J/K

Kayla said...

Bring Owen to me for a night! I need a reminder of why I don't need another baby yet. And you can REST! Or I could just come hold him while you take a nap.

kelly said...

I laughed when I read that Zoe fell asleep during Sacrament meeting (then I stopped laughing when I read she was sick). Ezra fell asleep yesterday during Sacrament meeting too (which hasn't happened in 2 years) but only because our church changed to 11:00 and that's his nap time; none of my other kids would EVER fall asleep in church!

I hope Owen and Zoe are feeling better soon!