Wednesday, November 5, 2008

October Be Not Proud

Can you believe October is over? It really flew by for us, despite being packed with drama and trauma. I say "Good Riddance!" It's only fitting that this not-so-pleasant month culminated in our least favorite holiday (no offense to those of you with differing opinions). We just don't get the whole Halloween thing. Here are our attempts at celebrating this "holiday."

First and foremost, the carving of the pumpkin. Zoe mimicked every move James made and loved the idea of having a Tigger pumpkin. After the first one was carved I realized we only had one candle so we painted the second pumpkin. The green blobs are Zoe's hand prints.

















The ward Trunk-or-Treat was ok. We had it at the Boy Scout camp up the canyon. After days of Zoe talking about Halloween, trick-or-treating, and costumes, she barely kept her costume on and wouldn't say a word to anyone. It seems like she doesn't enjoy this holiday more than anyone else around here. Fine by us. Owen slept through nearly the entire thing.

9 comments:

Kayla said...

Great job on the pumpkins! I need to learn to etch the pumpkin like that. I have no idea how but I had a carving pattern call for it. I like Zoe's costume too! What a cute dinosaur.

Leslie said...

Ooooo, Zoe's hair is so cute!!! You did a great job.

I know this makes me sound like an idiot, but I was almost surprised to see Owen in your family picture with the pumpkins. It's like, because I've never met him, I forgot that he exists. Ummm.

Erin said...

Those are awesome pumpkins. And I like Zoe's costume too.

Here's to November. Yay for a new month!

Jilly Bean said...

For not liking Halloween you did a good job celebrating it. Your tigger pumpkin is great! So is the one Zoe carved.

Daniel and Savannah Jensen said...

Hey, this is Savannah...I used to work with James, and I came across your blog! I love your header...by far the cutest one I have come across thus far! Your new little boy is so adorable too! And Zoe has gotten so big! Hope all is going well for your family! James, I am very jealous of the new office!

Romney Family said...

You pumpkins look great and Zoe sure is a cute little dinosaur!!

Unknown said...

Well despite not loving this holiday it looks like you guys had a good time. Zoe looks adorable in her Halloween costume! I love the bright color on her.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I love Zoe's costume! I hope November brings a better month for you!

Shauna said...

I ♥ it! Thanks for sharing :) ♥ Hugs!