Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Music Snobs Anonymous: Golden Shoulders

This really SHOULD be a post with bunches of pictures of cute faces Owen makes. Should, but isn't. Alas, I went to blog yesterday and our computer refused to turn on. We've had problems with the power source for quite some time, but this is the end of the line. So today James left me the laptop so no pictures for the blog, but I've wanted to do this post for some time and figured I might as well while we are experiencing technical difficulties. Hopefully we'll be back on line soon.

That being said, here's today's featured band. James went to high school with Golden Shoulders front man Adam Kline. They put out some pretty awesome music. My personal favorite is "Do You Know Who You Are?" off the album Let My Burden Be. I haven't heard much off their newer album but their early stuff is amazing. They've also been known as The Gears in days gone by. You should check them out. Here is the only real music video I could get for them. It's pretty cool.



Maybe the next time they stop in Provo we'll be able to catch the show.

1 comment:

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I don't know if I'd say that I "liked" it, necessarily. I found the lyrics interesting and at times the tune was catchy, but it seemed like something was missing... and the harmonizing grated on my nerves. I did enjoy the video, it was unique and fun to see the pictures correlate with the words. Very creative... and I did notice a few pictures of Adam (and who I assume are his bandmates) thrown into the mix. Interesting...