Thursday, October 30, 2008

Surprise, Surprise.

This is a tribute to Owen's big sister. Zoe is amazing! So far we haven't had any jealousy issues and she always tries her best to be soft. She even reminds Mommy to do so. Best of all, she has reached a whole new level of entertaining herself (without destroying the house, mind you). She is endlessly patient with me when I'm busy with Owen and I think I probably take it for granted a lot of the time. More than anything, she is constantly using her little imagination in ways that not only surprise me, but make me smile. Here are a few surprises she's had for me in the last week:

The Literary Critic

Always Willing to Share

She Loves Unloading the Dishwasher

How Did I Miss Out On the Family Snuggle?

And now for a video. In a few months Owen is totally going to love this...maybe.




So, what goes on with the newest addition? Well, he eats a ton and poops a ton and lately he has been more alert during the day - hence the sparse postings around here. He has already grown an inch and gained two whole pounds! This kid is going to be huge. Here are some shots just of him:

He loved this for a whole minute before James got the camera.

Attempting a Smile

Working Hard

7 comments:

Erin said...

Zoe is a very sweet sister. And Owen is getting so big! I hope you are surviving.

Jennifer (Fern) said...

He has such a cute little button nose! It reminds me of Belen's a little. Man, he's growing and changing fast!

Don't you love how suddenly your little baby (Zoe) has grown in gargantuine proportions since the newest arrival?!

Leslie said...

I bet she'll never get sick of playing peekaboo with Owen, whether he likes it or not. She is so cute with him. Let's plan a day where Emma and I can come visit you (or are you waiting out the "cold" season before you allow child visitors)?

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Zoe is so sweet to Owen! I love watching the sibling relationship, it's like they remember hanging out together before they got here!

Kayla said...

He's such a handsome baby! Do I keep saying that? He is! And Zoe is a little doll as always. If you're up for it, I would love to come visit sometime.

Jennifer (Fern) said...

That video reminds me of one of Josh's favorite sayings: "You are mine to toy with!" Poor little defenseless Owen is at the mercy of Zoe, he is hers to toy with indeed!
Entirely too much fun!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Zoe reading. I'm so glad that she's such a wonderful big sister.