Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Chain Gang

It's September! Wow. Things are really getting down to the wire baby-wise around here. That's why I've been absent from the blogosphere. With weekly doctor appointments in Orem, crossing off a few more staycation to-do's, and starting in on some MAJOR sewing projects, we are meeting ourselves coming and going.

To commemorate the last month of pregnancy, and to get Zoe even more excited for Owen's arrival (you know, because she doesn't already talk about him ALL the time) Zoe and I made a count-down chain. I cut all the paper the night before so she helped me decorate a few rings, watched as I stapled them all together, then nearly tore the thing to shreds playing with it before throwing a tantrum when I finally took away "Baby Owen's Circles" and insisted they were only to look at from now on. Phew! Why don't I do crafts with this kid more often?

During a nap, I made a "Welcome Home" sign which morphed into a scrapbook page. All I have to do is slap on a couple pictures. That means I've already done more work for Owen's scrapbook than for Zoe's and almost as much as our wedding book. I'm a scrapper slacker. Oh well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also very excited for Owen to arrive! I love watching the things that Zoe does (thanks for sharing her via video). I had such a great time getting to know Zoe better a few months ago.
It is hard to believe that Oct. will be here soon. Oct if full of birthdays in our family. Grandpa's is the 26th, Jessie's is the 7th, Uncle Tom's is the
9th, McKenzie's is the 30th, My grandpa Archibald's birthday was the 16th, and someone else in the family is also the 16th...I can't remember who...I think one of my aunts (who married into the family...possibly Aunt Fran or Aunt Yvonne). So now Owen will be joining the "Oct. birthday group". Let me know when he arrives!!!please!!!
Hope your birthday was nice Desta. Also hope you guys had a wonderful Anniversary. I bought a card for James but have not mailed it yet. I am the perverbial procrastinator.
Love you all and wish I was there with you. Love Grandma Cathy/MOM

Kayla said...

Wow! Just one more month! Let me know if there's anything you need at all, or lets just get together sometime. I'm assuming the swimming pool is probably closed or closing soon. I'll be in touch!

Amy said...

what a great idea! I am totally going to do a countdown chain next time we're looking to add a baby to our family. And good for you for scrapbooking at all! I threw in that towel long ago and am now a firm customer of mypublisher.com its the only thing I can handle!

Erin said...

Yes, crafts are so fun with kids. Cooking is too. yesterday, when flour was spewed all across the kitchen floor, I decided making cookies ISN'T worth it.

I wish I could live closer so I could see your cute belly! (And help you, of course. Another lasagne?)