Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wii Finally Got One!


Our Christmas this year was a little different than usual. Desta and I did not get each other any major gifts. We decided instead to buy each other a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. Seeing as how they are pretty much impossible to find before Christmas, we planned to buy one in January. As it turns out, they are still pretty much impossible to find now.

So after weeks of looking, I found out that Circuit City would be getting a shipment in on the 21st. Unfortunately, the 21st is a Sunday, so I assumed we would not be able to buy one since we don't shop on Sunday. I was OK with this fact, but I decided to go early on Monday morning to check and see if by some miracle they still had one in stock. As it turns out, our Circuit City is closed on Sunday so the Wiis would be available that day.

As I got out of my car to check the store hours, I noticed there were several people sitting in the parking lot with their cars running. On the door there was a sign that informed me that the store would have 15 Wiis available on Monday morning and that the line started right where I was standing. As I stood there reading, everyone in the parking lot got out of there cars and came and stood right behind me in line. Suddenly I'm the first guy in line. So I decide it may be worth it to wait around a little while. Luckily, in about 20 minutes, Circuit City passed out vouchers to the first 15 people in line. I took my voucher back at 10:00 when they opened and purchased our Wii.

Just so you know, Desta and I are not big video game people so this is kind of a new thing for us. But the Wii is not really like other game consoles, so it works out great. So far we have had a blast with our new toy.

No comments: