Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Straight Shooting

Hello, is anyone there? I think I have some explaining to do. I am suffering from some serious STUCK at Home Mom Syndrome. We've had quite a bit of snow over the last month rendering James' car completely useless (it almost got impounded because we left it at the bus stop for a couple weeks...oops) so he's been using "my" car to get to work. Which is fine and I really don't have places I have to go during the week, but after nearly a month of being at home with 2 kids, not having a CHANCE of escape is starting to wear on me. I am completely unmotivated to do anything. I didn't realize how healthy it is to be able to go and get bread or milk during the day, or head to the library for story time. Beyond weekly laundry and cooking as necessary, I have pretty much let go of all other responsibilities.

I was thinking to myself that I should have an exceptionally clean home and finished projects since I have plenty of time to accomplish things. But, in reality, too much time has been my downfall. I thrive on deadlines. With the possibility of doing anything on any day that I am home, I find myself doing mostly nothing. James has been leaving the laptop at home so I don't even turn the computer on to edit pictures for the blog. I have two posts completely written, just awaiting pictures.

To make things worse, we just got a netflix subscription which has 1) given me slightly more motivation to check the mail and 2) given me more reason to sit around doing nothing.

I'm not trying to excuse my behavior, I'm just asking for your continued patience with my laziness and I wanted to let everyone know that we're all doing well....physically at least.

8 comments:

RazakFamily said...

I'm glad that you're well. If you need a friend, let me know. We'll come entertain Zoe for you while James has your car :)

Jennifer (Fern) said...

It's a natural phenomenon... when you have more time, nothing gets done. When you have no time: everything gets accomplished! By all accounts it doesn't make any sense!

Erin said...

We love Netflix! What a time waster it is!

I swear I say in every comment: I wish we lived closer to each other.

Kayla said...

If I didn't loathe driving in the snow, I'd come down there and visit! I hope that you're able to get out soon!

Kimberly said...

Hmm, that must be why I never get anything done. I must have a need for deadlines too. Interesting.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I know what you mean! Being out here where there is nothing to do in the winter, had brought out the same behavior. I often times look around at night and wonder where my day went. I have nothing to show for the hours spent with nothing to do. That is one huge reason I am excited to be moving back to Utah. At least I'll have store options to go walk around!

Lindsay said...

I spend a large part of my life stuck inside craving a chance to get out so I think I understand how you might feel. And I'm sorry.

rich and steph said...

It is ok to take some time off and just spend you time and kid time. It all goes so fast so enjoy it. I would be stir crazy at this point too:)