Saturday, March 15, 2008

Planes, Planes, and More Planes!

After 3 flights and 9 hours, Zoe and I arrived safe and sound in Wisconsin to visit my sister and her family. Her kids are the only cousins Zoe has close to her age on my side and they had never met so we decided it was about time to change that. Anyway, back to the planes. Zoe was an angel all day long. She even fell asleep in my arms for about 30 minutes. She never complained about being confined. Two out of three of the flights we had an entire row to ourselves, and on the other flight we had what seemed to be the only open seat on the whole plane located right next to us. The only low point of the day was when Zoe kicked me really hard in the eye as I reached over her to get something. Oh well.

Zoe loves being with her cousins and she is adapting to being in a new, much noisier house. Life with 4 and 6-year-old boys is much different than we're used to. My sister and I have been watching tons of chick flicks and working on some sewing and home improvement projects she has. Never a dull moment around here. The best news is that Zoe has been eating a lot more than she normally does and today she asked to (and actually did) eat a banana! I thought I'd have to get my smelling salts out. Then I remembered I didn't have any.

Anyway, I know this is kind of boring, but we're having a great time and I will add pictures later. And more updates about our trip after I get home. If anyone sees James wandering aimlessly around the grocery store, please direct him to the milk.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha! What a gift you had! In the past year, we've been on 6 trips and only one was like that with Michelle only because she had a fever. I'm really glad it went well though and you're having a blast!!

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

Paulo is doing his part to prevent James from wandering too aimlessly, unless you count them seeing a movie at the dollar theater that sounded pretty lame to me . . . or them playing video games . . . or . . . well, at least they're wandering aimlessly together.

Glad you're having fun!

Erin said...

Desta, you have been gone way too long and I miss the clever, witty things you say in my comments section. Get home soon, and start commenting on my blog!! (Although, James, I really have appreciated the comments you have left too. You're almost as cool as Desta.)

The Green's said...

Congrats on the bun in the oven!!! I'm excited for you guys! I could try and explain the hooter hider process. It's way better than spending 35 dollars.