Monday, March 10, 2008

Packing, Ditching, Crying

We finally started putting our stuff into boxes. We are officially ready to transport a bookcase, it's contents, my craft and scrapbooking stuff, and Zoe's old clothing. Hooray! For as long as it took us to pack up so little, I'm guessing we are in over our heads here. Oh well. It's one of those things that has to be done. Seeing our house full of boxes (most of them empty) does get us a little more excited for the move though.


Zoe, on the other hand, has not been so excited. Last week she had some teeth coming in, then Saturday she was feeling terrible. I thought it was allergies at first, since she had a runny nose, puffy eyes, and she was sneezing. She was so lethargic all day, falling asleep in James' arms and then taking a 3-hour nap, but then she was running a temperature in the evening so I have no idea what was wrong with her. On Sunday she still had the runny nose and was beyond grumpy so she and I ditched church. She refused to take a nap and from about 4:30 pm on did nothing but scream. I'm so serious. She wanted us to hold her but as soon as we picked her up she screamed to get down. Then she would lay on the floor screaming. It was a miserable evening. She even screamed in the bath tub. And her diet for the entire weekend consisted of water and corn chex. I'm pretty sure she's back to her 12-month weight, not that she had that far to go.

Today she has been miraculously healed. Her appetite is back (as much as it ever was) and she is just running around the house happy to be alive. And today we are happy she is alive as well. Especially since I have a ton of last minute errands to run before she and I hop on a plane and jaunt off across the country to visit my sister. Hopefully her "illness" doesn't return.


Grrr... Blogger is having issues with posting pictures, so I will just have to add them later. Sorry.

UPDATE: Pictures are now posted (duh). - James

7 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad it was not just me being stupid, but that there were actually legitimate problems with uploading pictures. I'll get that paint color for you ASAP. I'm glad Zoe seems to be better. Bring an extra change of clothing on the plane, just in case.

Kayla said...

You'll have to tell me how it goes traveling! I'm glad Zoe's feeling better. It is not fun having sick little ones.

Walnut said...

James, you are the funniest commenter there is

Leslie said...

I love your labels, Desta. So funny. Oh, and sorry about not returning your call on Saturday night. I didn't get the message for days! When you get back from visiting your sister, can we PLEASE hang out???

Unknown said...

this has been the absolute worst cold and flu season!!! And it's misery to have sick kids. They're so miserable and they look at you like, "do something," and there's absolutely nothing you can do. :( Glad she's better now!

Lucy Stern said...

Well, it sounded like an ear infection for a minute there but her miracilous recovery changed that idea....Babies often get sick when they are teething. When my kids were babies, I used to give them some baby Tylenol and Numbzit before putting them to bed and they would sleep a lot better. You might try some homemade chicken broth in her bottle, it could help with the congestion, if she will drink it. Good luck and have a nice trip.

Romney Family said...

Congrats first on the upcoming arrival. Good luck with the packing we will miss having you guys around and I hope that you have a great time or should I say having a great time seeing your sister!!