Friday, August 13, 2010

The Eyes Have It

It's my birthday today. It's been a pretty good day so far. I've received all my favorite things- breakfast in bed (my favorite place to be in the morning), the new Arcade Fire album (one of my absolute favorite bands), a cookbook from The Range Cafe where I worked in high school (one of my favorite restaurants and jobs and I love to cook). Also, James is staying home from work to give me my absolute favorite thing - TIME! I get to do things (like blog and work out the menu and pay bills) without interruption from the kiddos. Loving it.

One of my new favorite things which I am enjoying today - waking up and being able to see. My parents' big present to me this year was springing for Lasik surgery. I had my eyes lasered two months ago and I love it! The procedure itself it pretty much the creepiest thing that has ever happened to me, but I'm free of contacts and glasses so it was worth it. Plus I got Valium and that was fun. I've had glasses since I was in 3rd grade and contacts since 8th grade - that's 13 years (or nearly half my life) that I've worn contacts. So I am really enjoying my new-found freedom. Even if it does mean I'm another year older. They say 27 is the new 24, right?

4 comments:

Just JaiCi's Crafts said...

Happy Birthday!!
Glad you're loving your lasik :)

Lindsay said...

Glad you're having a great day! Happy Birthday!

Kayla said...

Happy Birthday again! That's so cool you got lasik! My mom and I think all her siblings (6 all together) have had that and were so glad they did!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! I'm jealous of your lasik!!! And your time :) I always wish I had more time... Anyway, enjoy your birthday!