Thursday, September 17, 2009

Last Stop: BEND

We had a great, relaxing time in Bend. We took a short trip to the river, did some shopping (no sales tax in Oregon), and celebrated Kellen's 20th birthday. Mostly we just hung around the house, and at night the fire pit, talking and catching up.


The trip home from Bend was not so pleasant. Both kids were overly tired but wouldn't sleep, making everyone miserable. At one point I yelled at Zoe, took Tigger away from her, and pretended to throw him out the window. I'm not proud of myself. A trip that should have taken us 10-12 hours took 14.5, getting us home in the middle of the night. Yikes, I am not excited to do that again any time soon. Sorry family.

But it was really great to see everyone. We miss you all so much. Sorry it took so long to getting these pictures up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Own is getting so big! I love his little smile. You can definitely tell that he and Zoe are siblings. Looks like you had a great tip. Yeah for no sales tax!

Marie said...

Yes, sometimes I turn into a scary monster and wish I could rewind the clock a bit to erase the not so joyful scene that played out moments before. Too bad we can't do that. Instead we say we're sorry, resolve to do better next time and forgive ourselves for not being perfect. Being a mom is hard work and much more difficult than I ever thought it would be...but I love it, as I know you do too.

I want to take a trip to Oregon...but it's the drive that's stopping me. :)

Kayla said...

Ok, you might not be proud of the Tigger incident but it gave me a good laugh! I know she loves her Tigger. Owen is so big! What a cutie. Can't believe he's gonna be 1!